• Too little product yet

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other - please add in comment

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4,372 Posts
On the surface, it looks so easy, but props to everyone who has taken the time to figure it out and hasn't completely given up lol, I know I wanted to throw my manual screen press or exposure unit thru the wall a couple times
You will eventually realize that printing is the easiest part.

I'm not sure on my web design or SEO compatibility.
Forget the SEO nonsense people are talking about. There is no magic way.
As long as your website is crawlable and your site has the correct formatting and tags, your on-site SEO is done.

What you really need is quality content, time, and pay commission.
Websites are not ranking high because of some "magic of SEO"... They do because of the amount of useful content they have (AKA quality content).
For a T-shirt website, I'd say you need at least 400 good designs (they have to be good), 12 months of maturity, and pay 15 -20% commission per sale.
It can be done with just 50 designs as well, but the chances of success will be immensely lower.
Let other people do the off-site SEO for you, and earn commission for their work.
This is the way. Everything else is a waste of time.

I believe my pictures are good, descriptions are fun, and the About Us page really connects the customer to us.
I'm sorry, but your photos look like feedback photos people post on Amazon, and that's obviously not good enough.
Good photos need good lighting. Take your photos outside and let nature take care of the light.

Overall, the website needs a lot more content and illustration work. The times when a basic website was good enough are gone.
Creating a slick website is really easy, and does not cost much.

I also got a 100$ advertising credit on Google Ads for registering my business with Google. Most of those clicks are coming from Youtube, but I'm not sure how they correlate their ads to what website/channel they end up being featured on, so I'll just leave it up to Google-magic.
Don't rush... No point wasting money when you are not ready.

·
Registered
4,372 Posts
I get the design of website is basic, but that's for a reason- I don't want a bunch of clutter dispersed to take up space.
That's great for the category pages (women's, men's, etc).
The front page should be eye-catching with illustrations of your best sellers etc.
Search engines and referral links are unlikely to bring people to your front page. Most traffic will go to the individual product pages.

I would rather not have 12 products on the front home page and nothing new on the product listing page, it would make the product listing page pointless.
If you only have 12 products (or even 100), you don't need category pages.
Single page websites are perfect for such use, and are also easy to navigate (just scroll down).
Products can still be grouped by category and displayed in a section of the page, and the products themselves can still have their own page.
You can still have navigation links to each category (section of the page). All you need is the section ID in home page URL.
Here is an example link to the slider section of your front page: Sixt33n Clothing
I cannot remember is shopify has the option to assign a custom ID to each section, but I bet it does.
The ID I used above is the automatically assigned one and it's ugly. Using a custom ID (ie #Mens or #Womens) is obviously much better.
Shopify is waste of money by the way... An aggressively marketed but completely useless service (for me at least).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.