Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other - please add in comment

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
Hi, welcome aboard.

It seems all the wordpress/woocommerce (and so forth) templates load to a Home page that is in my opinion useless. It makes it look like you only have two shirts. Better for the customer to land on a page full of your designs. Should be easy enough to do regardless of what template/platform you are using.

That said, good luck driving traffic to your own site. Advertising is a skill, one I've never mastered to my satisfaction.

You might consider opening an Etsy shop (and eBay and Amazon Handmade). It is easier to put yourself where people go to buy than it is to get them to come to you.

The Cash design printed on the dark shirts needs to have the foreground and background colors inversed, else Johnny looks like a negative. Faces are one of those things that look wrong when inversed.

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
I was using the homepage to promote a couple of shirts, but there is easy navigation to click to land on the page that's got the products. I have a drop down for women's lines and men's lines. I didn't assume that would be difficult navigation. I would rather not have 12 products on the front home page and nothing new on the product listing page, it would make the product listing page pointless.
I haven't had any issues selling Cash in person, I'm more asking for specifics on the website. I get the design of website is basic, but that's for a reason- I don't want a bunch of clutter dispersed to take up space. Does anyone have any advice other than the design is basic, its supposed to be a streamlined theme.
As Tabob mentioned, people getting to your site via a Google search, or the like, will be following a link to a design/product related to what they searched for. This will account for most of your traffic. Those landing on your Home page will most likely be following the URL from your business card or simply typing your brand/company name into a browser or search. In other words, these people already know you exist, what you are about, and where to find you.

If your content is clearly focused around some sort of theme that a sub group of society cares about, you might develop a good and loyal following with fewer designs than Tabob suggests. But that depends upon strongly resonating with this target group. Else, as he suggested, it is likely to take quite a few designs (bait in the water) to get the bites needed.

You can occasionally get a short-term boost with some currently relevant design/topic, often political. But those things have expiration dates.

As you say, selling in person is different than online. Basically if people aren't already actively searching for something online, there isn't a great way to sell it to them.

Like me, at the end of the day I'm sure you are doing this for reasons that go beyond making $, but likely making some $ is required in order for this to be a practical pursuit. Point being, I'm sure you have no interest in selling the same stuff everyone else does just to make a $. The intersection of what you've got to draw upon and what people want ... that can take a while to sort out. The more stuff you throw at the wall, the sooner you'll get there.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.