T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a Mutoh RJ900X and have never had any issues doing mugs/shirts in the past, but for some reason this last batch of mugs is not coming out correctly. The artwork looks fine on my screen, but when I print onto my transfer paper it's coming out dotted and still shows when I transfer to the mug.

Any ideas what could be causing this? We converted all the colors to spot colors and tried again, but still having the same issue.

I can't tell if this is graphic related, or printer setting related, or print related (humidity?).

Here is a pic: https://i.imgur.com/0aPE47W.jpg

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I wanted to update, we ended up changing the resolution from 360x360 to 1440x1440 and that seemed to fix the issue! I am not sure why 360x360 was the default, but it worked well in the past for other prints.

· Registered
642 Posts
Your printer is going to print VERY slow at 1440x1440. Try 720x720, you will see a difference in speed (much faster) and for fabric, won't see enough of a difference in print quality to make a difference.

Now that I opened your link, maybe you want 1440x1440 on mugs. LOL

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Your printer is going to print VERY slow at 1440x1440. Try 720x720, you will see a difference in speed (much faster) and for fabric, won't see enough of a difference in print quality to make a difference.

Now that I opened your link, maybe you want 1440x1440 on mugs. LOL
Thanks, I will give 720x720 a try on shirts in the future. I did notice a huge slowdown when I switched but it's still plenty fast enough for us.

· Banned
574 Posts
Agree with JYA - 720 x 720 works great on virtually everything. We do fabric, license plates, etc and never printed at 1440. Not a printer guru but would not 1440 x 1440 burn more ink? The issue that effects our quality is not so much the speed but the quality of the file. You have a crappy file it will make no difference what speed/res you print at. The only time I could see using 1440 would be printing a hi-res photo on some of the coated metal products.

· Registered
113 Posts
What is the resolution of your graphic file?

What is the resolution of the graphic files which worked out properly?

Can you repeat the proper transfers? If so, why not add the dotted image to the good file, print it out and see if it now works?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.