T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey mates, im new here.
Does anyone know whats the best place and cheapest place to produce custom Embroidered hats? New Era 59fifty status.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i was actually looking at Sanmar, but they require a resellers lisence. Is there any option that DOESNT require that? 12$ a pop?
As cheap as possible within these parameters lol.

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
i was actually looking at Sanmar, but they require a resellers lisence. Is there any option that DOESNT require that? 12$ a pop?
As cheap as possible within these parameters lol.
Just for clarification is that $12 per hat with the embroidery applied? or just for the hat?

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
It depends on how many and how many stitches...

Most wholesalers require a resellers license for purchase... If you don't have a resellers license, you pay retail. That's how the game is played.

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
lol ideally WITH embrodiery?
is this even realistic?
If you had sew-ready artwork (that would be artwork already digitized for the specific embroidery machine) it might be possible depending on the design size and number of stitches, colors.

All artwork for embroidery has to be digitized so it can be sewn buy the machine which is computer controlled, the only exception is basic letters/fonts which a lot of the machines have already built into them....there is a fee for digitizing artwork.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
75 Posts
If you are looking for custom embroidered hats I that have the 5950 look I would go to flatfitty.com They do awesome work and I think their hats look great! You can get a sample of the hat you want for around $30.00 I believe. And you will pay way less than $12 a hat for sure when you go in to production. This biggest plus for me about flat fitty is that they don't have the new era ego...they are just in it to make quality hats.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Whats the cheapest option/best recommendation for someone who doesn't have a resellers license?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
you need tax-id # to sign up for an account at Ottos.
Yeh im an absolute noob, i dont have 1 of those/dont really know what that even is

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
lol not at all.
Im trying to assess my options, look at the costs, etc.

How would you recommend proceeding with "setting up a business" without being too blogged down with bureaucratic rubbish and fees? Basically, what is the most miniminalistic steps i need to take to buy/make caps and sell these babies to my friends?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
How did you circumnavigate the necessity for a Resellers License in order to resell your good? Did you also get a fictitious business name?

·
Registered
75 Posts
GAW, Where exactly on irs.com is the Tax ID number free to get? When I click on the get your ID (EIN) number on the home page...It's just shy of $200 to get it? Am I missing something?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts