T-Shirt Forums banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

· Banned
174 Posts
welcome to the real world....are you scared they will go elsewhere if you don't provide them credit? If you quality is good, they will stick with you.

We have clients who each order 4-5 orders daily and they will pay each one upfront. If that doesn't work for them, then they are more than welcome to find another digitizer because our time is not worth doing free designs. Infact sometimes its not even worth having clients who do 1-2 designs a month because I still have to do the month end accounts.

· Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Make these folks keep a CC # on file with you. Tell them when the bill hits $50/100 dollars that you will charge the card to pay the account current.

You are doing work for them as a customer, it should not matter one little bit if the folks they are working for have paid or not!
Thanks for good advice

· Registered
279 Posts
Like most Screen Print shops, i also require 50% up front and the balance due upon pick up or delivery of the product. Last year i made the mistake of printing a large quantity of woven bags for a hippie lady that was going to pick them up and pay me on her way to the "Burning Man" festival in Nevada. I felt ok about it because it was her product that she brought in and i could always hold them hostage. I now have cases of printed woven bags in my back room.... If she doesn't come back for them this summer i'll sell them to a crafter or swap meet vendor. I'm only out time and ink.
However, if a customer sticks you with shirts, the least you can do is to overprint them with the words (fill in ex customers name) is a douchebag (or deadbeat) in huge letters and pass them out to homeless people to wear. instant revenge! They probably wont burn another screen printer again..
Just saying :D

· Registered
1,465 Posts
We try our best to stick to 50% down and balance due upon pickup or shipping. It's amazing how many good clients that have made prompt payment for years, will flake on you if you let them pick up, with the promise to put a check in the mail right away. Many of our clients are business owners. On multiple occasions, I've made contractors come in to improve our shop or house to square up on their bill if they are crying "broke". It also helps maintain friendly relation ship, for if their biz improves and they need stuff later (on financial probation that is:D) I've gone into retail stores and pretty much just said ''I'm gonna take product of equal value and call your bill paid'' and they usually are happy with that. I'm more likely to front someone product if I like what they sell and normally wouldn't buy it.:D I wish I had some client that make printing equipment.

Reactions: veetwincowboy

· Registered
1 Posts
I to had this issue , I've since taken a credit card number , or take a non refundable deposit , especially for custom orders . For something that I can get rid of fairly easily I don't bother .

I do the same thing for Sticker orders , Ive just ventured my business into do into doing Tshirts .

· Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
After all the advice given, i have decided to take some upfront payments, but in a way that customer also gets benefited, i am asking them to pay $100 and get 12 designs over the time whenever they needed, in this way i get money in advance and they get more designs, hope this will solve problems

· Registered
222 Posts
Will the police really do that?
Sorry, I figured since they do it on tv shows they do it in real life.

Plus, there was a news article last year about a homeless guy who got convicted for getting a refill from the soda fountain of a fast food restaurant without paying for it. I figured that if they'll arrest that guy, they're going to arrest non-paying clients.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.