T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long time Tjet2 user here, and I've seen and worked through many problems with my machine, but this one has me completely stumped... Maybe one of you have been in my situation and can offer advice.

The yellow started printing intermittently, but would come back if I did an head cleaning before each pass of a shirt. I tore down the capping station and pump and cleaned them as usual. I took out the head and made sure it was sparkling clean with rubbing alcohol and FastInk Inkjet Flush Solution as usual and reassembled.

First nozzle check yielded no black or yellow test print at all (all other colors were great). I triple checked with cleaning and they all resulted the same. I tore down the head again, reseated the ribbon cable and put it back together. This time black reappeared, by yellow was still missing. I repeated multiple times with same result.

I installed a new ribbon cable, thinking there may be a short, based on the reappearance of the black after cable re-seating. Same result, no yellow. I order a new head out of desperation Friday.

I get into the shop this morning and run a nozzle check for the heck of it before the new head arrives, and I get 4 bars of yellow, but they're all curvy and in random places within the specified place yellow should be. Thrilled, I run a head cleaning (software initiated as usual) and run another nozzle check. From there on out, no more yellow appears in nozzle checks.

Enter the new head, installed and nozzle checked. Still mostly no yellow... one in 3 nozzle checks will yield one line/bar of yellow, mostly no yellow at all.

I'm baffled.

I've swapped out a yellow cartridge with flushing solution which also doesn't show on nozzle checks, eliminating a bad cartridge or chip on the cartridge.

I've cleaned the contacts between the cartridge and head carriage too.

Any other suggestions I may have forgotten?

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Luke,

When you do a ink purge do you see yellow ink in the capping station? also can you pull yellow ink through the cartridge with a syringe?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, both. Using a syringe with the head removed from the Tjet, I can push through the head with what looks to be a gap-less spray. Also, I do see that yellow has been pulled through in the capping station.

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Yes, both. Using a syringe with the head removed from the Tjet, I can push through the head with what looks to be a gap-less spray. Also, I do see that yellow has been pulled through in the capping station.
Hate to say it but I'd remove the print head again, look at the ribbon cables where they connect to the head and look for burn marks where the cable connects to the head assembly.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Took the head setup apart again. No burn marks anywhere on the head connectors or ribbon cable. (I've burned a cable before trying to flush a head without taking it apart, I'll never do that again).

I even took a voltage meter to the ribbon cable to see if there are any breaks or shorts between connections, and everything tested good.

Reseated everything (3 connections on head carriage, and 2 connections on back of machine) and reassembled.

First nozzle check yielded about 10 of the possible 96 lines for yellow in a fairly straight formation.

Ran 5 more (software initiated) cleanings/nozzle checks and didn't get any more yellow to lay down.
(Actually, the Magenta and Black are not getting perfect nozzle checks any more, but I'm fairly certain I can get them back).

:confused::confused::confused:

·
Registered
5,275 Posts
after the replacement of the damper if that doesn't work. I am gonna say its your ink line.

We had the same exact problem and replaced everything you did including the damper.
We soaked the ink lines overnight and yellow came back full force for about 2 shirts then dropped again.

I suggest you replace your ink lines these tend to disintegrate over time and air gets into them. Yellow was the first to go for us.

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
Took the head setup apart again. No burn marks anywhere on the head connectors or ribbon cable. (I've burned a cable before trying to flush a head without taking it apart, I'll never do that again).

I even took a voltage meter to the ribbon cable to see if there are any breaks or shorts between connections, and everything tested good.

Reseated everything (3 connections on head carriage, and 2 connections on back of machine) and reassembled.

First nozzle check yielded about 10 of the possible 96 lines for yellow in a fairly straight formation.

Ran 5 more (software initiated) cleanings/nozzle checks and didn't get any more yellow to lay down.
(Actually, the Magenta and Black are not getting perfect nozzle checks any more, but I'm fairly certain I can get them back).

:confused::confused::confused:

If you have the US Screen bulk ink system try loosening the caps on the bulk system ink bottles. The breather holes on that system are small and can clog, which will impede your ink flow.

Harry
Equipment Zone

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I replaced the yellow damper this morning with success! My yellow is back!

I guess my deduction that if no cleaner fluid from the cleaner yellow cartridge showed on the nozzle check, it wasn't the yellow damper was incorrect.

Thanks to everyone for for your help and suggestions!

I've been running this Tjet 2 for 4 years now and my lease is just wrapping up next month... I think I'm ready to take a look at a Velocijet. I'll be in contact, Harry!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts