T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it all started a couple of days ago when I received confirmation about an event We were going to be attending. Sounded great I had ne transfers on the way. I had more shirts ordered. I wanted to make sure The shirts would be here so I set it up so I could pick up the shirts today.

Last night we had a really bad storm go through the St. louis area.

I drive all the way to the supplier, about 20 miles from work, 50 from home. Guess what? They are part of the 480,000 that do not have power and are closed. OH NO! what am I going to do now. So I drive home, my tansfers come UPS. We figure we have pelnty of premade and enough blanks for the new transfers to get by.
I'm worried because the group that is putting this on wants me to be their shirt guy. They have spent $4000 this year already on shirts.

I find out the race track has extensive damage so this weekend is cancelled.

Woohoo! It's too bad I won't make any sales this weekend but I'll be able to have everything ready for the next event which is in a month.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
173 Posts
Good for you Dennis, As it would have been tough if you ran short on shirts but at least now you have time to get those extra shirts in and have a great supply for the show. Good luck and let keep us posted on how your doing. Also did you have any luck on those CHEVY transfers.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,512 Posts
It's not even good luck really, the problem was created by the storm and it was "fixed" by the storm (at the cost of much property damage, loss of revenue for everyone, etc.). Not much to woohoo/have faith/count your lucky stars for really...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Solmu said:
It's not even good luck really, the problem was created by the storm and it was "fixed" by the storm (at the cost of much property damage, loss of revenue for everyone, etc.). Not much to woohoo/have faith/count your lucky stars for really...
It worked out ok for us anyway. This gives me a chance today to go to a few places to see about selling shirts. The Route 66 souvenir shop across the road is ready to buy from me, there is a "mini-mall" here in town that sells artsy-crafty stuff, and there is a antique and collectable place in a nearby town.
The collectable place charges $140 a month for a booth. You don't even have to be there, just keep it stocked.

We are going to work on our display also. I'll post pics later.

Here's a link to the track's damage. This doesn't show 1/2 of it. There is ticket booths turned over, billboards down, fences down and no power.

http://www.stlsr.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83978&highlight=gateway
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,478 Posts
cookster said:
Good for you Dennis, As it would have been tough if you ran short on shirts but at least now you have time to get those extra shirts in and have a great supply for the show. Good luck and let keep us posted on how your doing. Also did you have any luck on those CHEVY transfers.
The Chevy transfers are at Impulse Wear. They have the liscence to produce them. I found Corvette, Camero, Bel-Air, Impala, Nova, and several others along with Chevy emblems and sayings. Should be good for your Drag customers.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
MotoskinGraphix said:
The Chevy transfers are at Impulse Wear. They have the liscence to produce them. I found Corvette, Camero, Bel-Air, Impala, Nova, and several others along with Chevy emblems and sayings. Should be good for your Drag customers.
Cool, I'll have to check them out.

Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
119 Posts
The same thing happened to me about a month ago, but unfortunantly I didn't have another event coming up. So now I have added several shirts to the inventory.
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top