T-Shirt Forums banner

121 - 138 of 138 Posts

·
Administrator
13,985 Posts
Might be off topic here but I'll ask anyway.
Does anyone know who supplies the likes of G Star or Hurley with their T-Shirts or do they actuyally manufacture their own. I love the style and feel of them and was looking for a supplier...
The larger the company, the higher the likelihood they have their own made. For sure Nike makes Hurley's.

·
Registered
6,715 Posts
Might be off topic here but I'll ask anyway.
Does anyone know who supplies the likes of G Star or Hurley with their T-Shirts or do they actuyally manufacture their own. I love the style and feel of them and was looking for a supplier...

Cheers in advance
If you look at NIKE, Inc. - The official corporate website for Nike and its affiliate brands. you will find a manufacturing map.....It list 70 suppliers for the Hurley line....
NIKE, Inc. - Manufacturing Map

·
Administrator
13,985 Posts
Joe can you clarify that please......Are you saying Nike owns their own factories?....
No, I wouldn't go that far. I'm saying they don't use blanks like we do. The larger the company, the more they'll have their own shirts made to their specs either in their own factory or through factories under contract.

·
Registered
38 Posts
To be honest, I don't really want to encourage people to start up "illegally".

If you're selling t-shirts, many states require you have a seller's permit by law so you can pay taxes.

It's best to get started the right way, because the penalties can be severe (fines and jailtime)

It doesn't take that long to become officially registered as a business and to get the proper licensing.

If you're "selling" while you're "feeling it out", you're a business and you should definitely be registered as one.

It's not scary at all. Usually only takes a few steps. Most cities and states have forms available online that you can fill out or mail/fax in.

I think people think "officially" registering is more complicated than it really is :)

I live in Virginia and looking to start my own clothing company ? How much you think it will cost to license my brand? Also should I trademark my brand or do an LLC ?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Thankfully in Minnesota there is no sales tax on clothing, a nice benefit to having a shirt shop. But I use Jiffy Shirts, always great pricing and service is prompt. Also, free shipping after $59

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just checked out the sign up section of TSC Apparel's website. It turns out that you must have some form of licensing to register. See the message from their page:

"TSC is a distributor of blank apparel and accessories. We only sell to licensed screen printers, embroiderers, decorators, and members of the promotional products industry for the sole purpose of resale."

·
Administrator
13,985 Posts
I just checked out the sign up section of TSC Apparel's website. It turns out that you must have some form of licensing to register. See the message from their page:

"TSC is a distributor of blank apparel and accessories. We only sell to licensed screen printers, embroiderers, decorators, and members of the promotional products industry for the sole purpose of resale."

This is the case with all true wholesalers. If you want to get the best wholesale price, you must have a license.

121 - 138 of 138 Posts