T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I just put in an order for 5 yards of Stahls SportFilm Lite, and later realized that it says on their page "not recommended for 2 color applications." A lot of my designs are 2 colors, may I ask why this is?

I also understand that this is a warm peel product. If I am doing a 2 color print, with 2 different colors of sport film lite, that overlap, I will obviously press one color, then let it cool for a few seconds. I have a clamshell heat press, so will I be able to leave the shirt with the backing still on the vinyl on the heat press. I hope I am making sense there lol. Basically when I do a 2 color press, I will press one color, and immediately peel with the shirt still on the press, but that is with a hot peel. With a cold peel, will I have to remove the shirt from the press to allow it to adequately cool, or can I just leave it on the press and wait a few seconds.

Sorry that this post is quite long, but hopefully I can get some answers to these questions. If I don't, I guess I can test it out once I get it in a few days! Thanks in advance to anyone who can help!

· Registered
261 Posts
Hey everyone, I just put in an order for 5 yards of Stahls SportFilm Lite, and later realized that it says on their page "not recommended for 2 color applications." A lot of my designs are 2 colors, may I ask why this is?

I also understand that this is a warm peel product. If I am doing a 2 color print, with 2 different colors of sport film lite, that overlap, I will obviously press one color, then let it cool for a few seconds. I have a clamshell heat press, so will I be able to leave the shirt with the backing still on the vinyl on the heat press. I hope I am making sense there lol. Basically when I do a 2 color press, I will press one color, and immediately peel with the shirt still on the press, but that is with a hot peel. With a cold peel, will I have to remove the shirt from the press to allow it to adequately cool, or can I just leave it on the press and wait a few seconds.

Sorry that this post is quite long, but hopefully I can get some answers to these questions. If I don't, I guess I can test it out once I get it in a few days! Thanks in advance to anyone who can help!
If i understand your question(s);
Yes you can leave the shirt on the press. To help the carrier sheet/vinyl cool down, Stahls sells a Heat Eraser which absorbs away some of the heat. It's made of wool, from what i can tell...., so a wool fabric will do the same trick.
One thing you have to observant of is when you pull away the carrier. The process kinda distorts the area. So registration of the next layer is sometimes off slightly. This is more important when trying to butt one colour next to another.

I'm pretty sure others have layered vinyl even if it's not recommended. hahaha

Let the forum know how it works out.
The info will be helpful to others!

· Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If i understand your question(s);
Yes you can leave the shirt on the press. To help the carrier sheet/vinyl cool down, Stahls sells a Heat Eraser which absorbs away some of the heat. It's made of wool, from what i can tell...., so a wool fabric will do the same trick.
One thing you have to observant of is when you pull away the carrier. The process kinda distorts the area. So registration of the next layer is sometimes off slightly. This is more important when trying to butt one colour next to another.

I'm pretty sure others have layered vinyl even if it's not recommended. hahaha

Let the forum know how it works out.
The info will be helpful to others!
Ok thanks... I completely forgot about that heat eraser thingy lol. I will test it out, and see how it goes. I have layered vinyl before, just not this specific kind :) Will report back soon.

· Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Nick, is there anyway I can return the SportFilm Lite and switch it for Fashion Film... it won't be worth it if I have to pay quite a bit, so if that's the case, I will just keep it for now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.