T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in a terrible situation with inkjet transfers. I print on ClearSoft light transfers from ProWorld with a Canon Pixma photo inkjet printer. I just did a huge order for a funeral. As the people are standing around the grave in the rain, the pictures start to smear all over the shirt - mostly the red. Now I have to redo all those shirts but am afraid to until I'm sure what caused it. I also had another guy come in today. Bought a shirt 3 weeks ago. He just washed it (inside out w/ cool temps) and the picture smeared everywhere & turned the shirt green. This could sink my business if many more of these problems turn up and I am beside myself.
I followed all instructions exactly. Now my last pack of ClearSoft had to be returned because the surface flaked up during printing & left huge white spots, which left me with not much confidence about ClearSoft.
Anyway:
1 - Do I need different paper? What is the best? I want quality, not cheapness. I am particularly curious about JetPro, but want to know what is the very best out of all transfer papers.
2 - Is it the printer? Canon told me the color ink is dye-based, not pigment based & that pigment-based would be better, but they're not sure that's the problem. If it is the printer, what do I need to get to be SURE this won't happen again?
3 - Do I just need to switch to direct-to-garment printing or forget custom transfers? It's a huge part of my business, but I don't want my business to be selling a bunch of crap. I don't want to sell it if it's going to run right off the shirt.

Also, my heat press from ProWorld is broken for the 2nd time in 5 months and I have to send it back. And half the stock transfers I buy from ProWorld just will not work. Most of what I use came from somewhere else and usually works just fine, so it's not user error.

ProWold gave no requirements for type of inkjet printer or anything, so even if it's the printer or the ink, I'm still very upset. I followed all instructions. Now I'm in a terrible situation & desperately need expert advice, PLEASE!!!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you very much for answering. The guy from a shop I bought out came by a few hours ago and said I should avoid inkjet altogether. He said I should definitely buy a color laser printer & this paper:
TECHNI-Print 4.0: CASI/QLT: Photo Novelty Superstore

Now I haven't done much research on laser transfers. Does anybody think just going with laser would be a bad idea? He had on a shirt done with it that was 5 years old & it looked great. I think I would be pretty comfortable with that unless somebody has something bad to say about it... ??? Anybody???

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!

·
Registered
536 Posts
When we first started we used a old cannon and inkjet transfers and while they are not the greatest solution a customer walked in with a t-shirt we did 6 years ago with a inkjet transfer on it and it was still there.
Lazer is better but only marginally so, I say you have an ink problem or you are using laser transfers.
Start planning ahead for DTG.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ProWorld is helping me out. My press just broke again, but they're replacing it. I'm going to use the replacement as a backup & am buying a Maxx press with a discount. ProWorld is also taking back my inkjet papers & trading them for laser papers. I would advise to always get a better, American-made press if at all possible. I was starting on limited funds, so I did what I had to do. I'm thinking my transfers will work better with the better press.
I did switch to laser transfers. I'm not very happy with the print quality on TechniPrint 4.0 I'm getting from somewhere else, but have some others on the way from ProWorld & am hoping they work better. At least they don't run!
Anyway, just wanted to say that ProWorld did not leave me high & dry. We'll see how it goes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts