T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello All...wow where do I start. umm...Next Level 101 is about positivity and motivation. My T-shirts are a constant reinforcement of where an individual wants to go.

Your Mission is: The relentless pursuit to excel in everything you do...

Our Goal is: To motivate you to succeed...

Motto: Class is never dismissed.

I hope everyone comes and visit me at http://NextLevel101.com
...and of course comments and suggestions are welcomed!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oh...we don't want that. Thanks for the help.

You asked me how I marketed the brand. I'm new to the internet marketing game. So that is why I signed up for this forum. Do you have any suggestions on where I should start?

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
There is a guy here on the board " Swinger " that has documented his Branding venture on this board, its a great read/resource but I du-no the thread. Someone will come along soon and post the thread-link..... stay tuned.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Welcome! If you're looking for a critique on your site you'll have more luck if you post here in the Site Reviews section.

As for on-line marketing and success, browse through the T-Shirt marketing section and you'll find some helpful info.

:welcome:

·
Premium Member
27,700 Posts
Search-bots do not like link-outs to directory type sites, they will think you are a directory too and will rank you as such too.
That's not true at all.

I would get rid of the popups, but linking out to a directory site will not hurt your ranking, nor will search engines think you are a directory site by linking to one.

You may want to make sure the people you link out to are relevant for your site visitors though.

:welcome:

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
Rodney said:
That's not true at all.

I would get rid of the popups, but linking out to a directory site will not hurt your ranking, nor will search engines think you are a directory site by linking to one.
Rodney :) ,

did you checkout the Directory link we are talking about ?
Not only it will hurt your rank it may even get your domain black listed for a long time.

Placing a link-out to a Directory on your t-shirt home page is like telling the user or the Search Engine Bot to leave the site.

Users and Search Engines use your homepage/domain URL as a base, having a directory ( with a few hundred links out ) as the next page to visit is NOT good.

I would be surprised if any t-shirt established site has a directory out-link from their home page.

I see you remove the link poster, good. There is no need for it there. Better safe than sorry.

Also, the redirect is a no-no, users and SE dont like it.

Clean cut brand though. I like that. :D

·
Premium Member
27,700 Posts
Not only it will hurt your rank it may even get your domain black listed for a long time.

Placing a link-out to a Directory on your t-shirt home page is like telling the user or the Search Engine Bot to leave the site.
Do you have any proof of this? Search engines have always taken the stance that an "outgoing" link cannot effect your ranking at all.

Search engine bots spider all the links on a page, not just one link and leave. They will spider the directory link as well as any other links on that page that may lead deeper into your site.

I didn't see the link that was on the page, but my main concern for the original poster would be to make sure any link on their site is "relevant". If it wasn't a relevant link, then it doesn't have any purpose on the page at all.

Also, the redirect is a no-no, users and SE dont like it
I agree that the redirect isn't a good thing.

The main page looked more like a "splash page", which probably doesn't help much either (for users or search engines)

My suggestion to nextlevel101 would be to do a bit of research before following suggestions posted that could effect your site :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts