T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
Small pictures, blurry promo header, too much orange, too much white, poor graphic design, no point of difference, boring, and unreliable (I clicked through to the shop but your site is throwing up a 503 error).

·
Registered
29 Posts
I tried to check it out, but it didn't load after almost 2 mins. That's defiantly something you should work on. Your typical user will only wait for about 15 seconds before they leave your site. You could have the best looking site with the greatest t's around, but if you can't hook your visitors in those first few seconds, it's all for nothing.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Sorry for any inconvenience we are currently doing a system update tonight. It should be back up to speed tomorrow morning us central time.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Small pictures, blurry promo header, too much orange, too much white, poor graphic design, no point of difference, boring, and unreliable (I clicked through to the shop but your site is throwing up a 503 error).

1. What Browser and screen res. are you using?

2. My target market Loves orange.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Hi. Vast improvement over the previous offering. Home page download could do with being just a little bit quicker. The FAQ box is losing part of its surround and part of the text from the bottom. Some of the other boxes have breaks in the continuity of the surround lines. Am presuming you are intending to centralise some of your display pages?

Solmu is right about your header graphics being very fuzzy. Gives the impression that you are hiding the detail on your tees for some reason. I am viewing at 1440x900 resolution.

I'd really want to know what payment methods you accept before I start entering my customer details, I would also give consideration to the idea of having a fast track checkout with PayPal, or Google. The text needs centering the the orange checkout process boxes.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Bad graphics, look outdated. Hard to tell what the products look like without clicking on them. What is the target market and why would people want to buy your brand name on a shirt when you're so new?

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Because after 18 years as a commercial artist it's slightlysick the cult like following I have. I started doing shirts because my target market requested it. I am just getting a grasp on the web thing though. I am a little bit of a control freak and I hate to let other people do things so I attempt to do it all myself. That's why I came seeking a little constructive criticism, because people in the same room, usually tend to see things my way.

In your opinion what made it out dated?

As far as my target market I have spent the last 18 years developing it. I have thousands of pieces of work all over the world, everthing from prize winning oil still lifes, to sculpture, Air-Brushing, and a CGI animated series. I have also designed and created high end animatronics for the top amusement parks and attractions in the world. So yes maybe I am a little dated.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have found it is much faster to do it myself rather than redo it.
That's only partly true, in my opinion. I could build a cabin pretty quickly, but whether someone would want to set foot inside is another story. Internet users today have certain expectations in what they want to see in a retail site and for every 1 legit site, there are 10 shady ones. A professionally designed/built site will almost always stand out from from the amateur or shady sites. Since you've worked in the industry for 18 years, I'm sure I'm not telling you anything new when I say that you need to present the cleanest, easiest and most polished presentation possible for your customers.

What shopping cart are you using, by the way?

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I'm sure I'm not telling you anything new when I say that you need to present the cleanest, easiest and most polished presentation possible for your customers.
From a purely personal perspective, I tend to go for the actual products for sale on a site, together with their respective prices, rather than any artistic indulgences on the part of a web designer.

Good navigation and an easy way to pay will always meet all my criteria. :)

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Just to let everybody know we have made a lot of exciting changes at SlightlySick Gear in the last couple of days. I truly feel that we are getting close to the custom apparel site we want. We have completely reworked our home page, added in SlightlySick University our twisted twist on a blog, and we have also added in SlightlySick chat, you are all welcome to stop by and say Hello. We would appreciate any feedback you can offer, I always appreciate a well informed opinion.

slightlysickgear.com

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
You can always smell when there is a catbox in the room. LOL
That's a good topic for SlightlySick U, a how to on changing a cat box. LOL

1 - 20 of 21 Posts