T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I just bought an Expert II 24LX from proworld 2 weeks ago and I'm trying to not waste vinyl. I'm printing from a mac, so I'm using Sure Cuts Alot v.4 and it cuts pretty good.:D

My only problem is I'm trying to figure out how to cut without wasting as much paper as possible. Sometimes it starts cutting from about 6 inches away from the top (lines on cutter closer to bottom of cutter) edge, which saves the most paper:rolleyes:. This is compared to another setting that will start cutting in middle of page and wastes about 12 inches of paper (i don't use this one anymore). So I'm trying to figure out how to use more of that empty 6 inches of vinyl without wasting.:)

Thanks!

· Registered
415 Posts
Hi. ....starts cutting from about 6 inches away from the top...empty 6 inches of vinyl without wasting.:)

Thanks!
In SCAL when you go to cut it says origin mode or start point under the options of "cutter,port,ect." switch between wyz(whatever) and the other option I believe is origin point.

I have to cycle randomly sometimes. Both my EX 24 lx and my AR-24 (clipper) and I use scal 3 on windows 10. I sometimes like to create an eps in inkscape and then plot using signcut.

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the help guys. I didn't get any notification that I had a response, and I haven't been online since. I also haven't used the cutter much so now I am back at it trying to get my money out of it. I will give that option a try and will come back and post what happens.:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.