T-Shirt Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased an Epson 2760 and converted it to sublimation inks. Got sublimation paper and bought a Fergal heat press. Followed all the things that I was told to do but 100% polyester shirts from heat transfer warehouse. Followed everything I thought I was supposed to do. Tried my first printing. Use plain paper setting used mirror the image everything pressed it and got absolutely no image... Have no idea what I did wrong...

Someone tell me what the normal newbie errors are

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
Assuming there was an image visible on the paper:

A - The ink isn't Dye Sublimation ink. There are 3 common types of inkjet ink: Pigment, Dye, and Dye Sublimation.

B - The garments are not polyester, or are coated with stainblock or waterproofing, or are themselves a darker color than the art you are trying to print. The garment must provide all of the white/light for the print, as there is no White sublimation ink, and the CMYK colors can only dye (darken) the garment, never lighten it.

C - The press is not at 400 F / 200 C.

It is almost always "A" :cool:

How does the image look on the paper before and then after pressing? Before being pressed, sublimation ink tends to look a bit dull and muted. Uhm, and of course the ink side should face down onto the garment.

Verify your press temp with a candy/meat thermometer or an IR temp gun.

·
Registered
9,470 Posts
D, you printed on the wrong side of the paper.

Pictures of the prints on the paper, the paper, the inks you purchased, the shirts you purchased showing the tag with the makeup of material would help.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
D, you printed on the wrong side of the paper.

Pictures of the prints on the paper, the paper, the inks you purchased, the shirts you purchased showing the tag with the makeup of material would help.
Print looked dull prior to heat
1 ink is sublimation ink. Got rid of what came with printer. I bought printer new and put sublimation ink on first.
2. Printed on dull side of paper...not lettered side.
3. 400 degrees
4. Was printing on 100% polyester
5. Was printing on BLACK!!!!!
So much for my research!!!! Why is there boxes of paper reading for light mediums ...
And others with nothing if essentially...you can ONLY print on LIGHT mediums AT ALL!!
SEEMS kind of redundant.
I thank everyone for the help.
Now I just need something to do with a bunch of 100% polyester black!!!!:)

Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.