T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
What support and training would you get with the software?
You do not have to buy the software that the machine company recommends.
Look at other software programs.
All the major programs will work with almost all of the machines.

·
Registered
7 Posts
i beta'd the software about a year ago. Ethos was once partnered with Wings manymany moons ago...or so I was told. bottom line the program I had constantly crashed on me and tech support from Ethos was not all that helpful, at least not for the problems I was having. I ended up sending the package back and told them to call me when they got it working right. Still waiting. I have spoken to the Brother reps and Lawrence From Brother int. They state that the crashes were a problem but have been fixed. I'd like to know if that is true. See if you can get a trial ver. before you commit. Not all programs have a workflow that will make you comfortable. That is my biggest setback. I have a cad/cam background, and am quite set in my ways. So I've had to keep trying till I found what worked for me.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hi all.
I just got an quote for an embroidery machine.
It comes with ApS Ethos embroidery software. Does anybody have experience with it, and is that a good software?
Is it possible to find a demo somewhere?

Thanx in advance.

DK
Hello DK!
Yes I have heard of ApS Ethos software, but I have not tried it. It is usually in the $4-5000.00 range . Look on-line for Forums, they usualy offer the best help for the particular software. Your dealer should offer classes ( either in the store or thru the internet/mfg of the software. I use Designers Gallery Masterworks II & like it. Generations software is another software I would DEFINITELY look into, they have a large & helpful Yahoo group.
Learning to digitze takes time and has a learning curve no matter which software you use, support of some sort is invaluable. It also depends on "what" you are wanting to do with your software. For "editing" features, (combining designs, adding lettering, adjusting density, changing colors, changing the size, etc) I would look at Embird, Designers Gallery Products, Buzz Tools. IF you are wanting to design something from scratch, you will be looking at the more expensive software ($1500.00- $2,000.00). Not everyone wants to get that "deep" into the digitizing aspect of embroidery, so you have to decide "what" you want to do first. From "scratch" digitizing is a long process IF you want to get really really good at it, some where in the area of 1-5 years, most likely. IF you are brand new to this, I would purchase designs at first, watch them stitch out & learn from that. Some good designs can be found at Dakota, Balboa, Embroidery Library & Embroidery Designs.com. Just think of it this way..... stock designs are relatively inexpensive, (they all have sales all the time!!), & that way you can study & soon will be able to tell a poorly digitized design from a good digitized design & be getting to know your machine & stablizers!! You HAVE to expect many many sew-outs at first!! The ONLY true test of a digitized design is in the sew-out of it, remember that. Some people are fascinated with the process & others find they really don't want to be that involved with it, they just want to SEW!!!! Hope this helps a little. Lollie

1 - 6 of 6 Posts