T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody, first time poster here.
I have been designing tshirts for the last few months on my computer and have some good designs completed at this stage. From here my goal is to get these designs on tshirts to begin with and to get my brand out there and recognised.
I am a compete newbie to this and have very limited experience. I am looking for advice on where to go from here- I am in the process of designing a website and have the market sussed.
I am based in Ireland- can anyone reccomend a good wholesaler- good quality, good prices?
Also I really want the tag on the inside of the tshirt to have my company name and logo on it and not the company name of the tshirt manufacturer- so I don t want fruit of the loom on the inside tag and my company name and logos on the tshirt then. Is this possible?
Am I better off to ue a local printer or an online company?
What is the process involved in getting my design from the tshirt graphics on my computer to real tshirts?

As you can see newbie is probably a huge understatement- any help or advice would be hugely appreciated.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
33 Posts
I'm in a very similar position and i'm sure someone with help will be along in a moment. I ahve an ebay shop but my real baby is my website which i'm very keen to keep it 'highend' which is why i have ebay to put the 'shyte' on......(its good really just not what i really want to be doing). Can i quicky ask, when you say you have the market sussed, how do you mean? Because i think my designs are great but i still look around at the 'market' and see very cool brands which lets face it, compared to mine are in the trendy magazines, on celebrities etc etc....

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
There's a host of websites and/or fulfillment centers which you can work with to get your products out there such as Zazzle, Cafe Press, Spreadshirt, etc. It really depends on what you are looking to do, i.e. do you want to create a 'brick-and-mortar' storefront and/or do you want to just create a web presence? If it's just the latter creating stores on the forementioned websites is a good place to start since it's free and you can begin to put your designs up and see if you start selling. If your products do sell then that would warrant further investigation about methods of bringing your production, in-house, and eliminating the need to outsource your printing.

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts
It's probably best to take things step by step :)

First question you have, write it down on a piece of paper. Then use the search box at the top of the page of this site to find an answer to that question.

So if you need a blank t-shirt wholesaler, you type that in at the top, then see all the hundreds of answers that pop up :) We have a whole section of the forum for finding blank t-shirt wholesalers:
Wholesale T-Shirts and Other Imprintable Products - T-Shirt Forums

You want your own tags, then you search for custom tags or relabeling, and you'll find hundreds of answers about where to get custom tags, how to get relabeling done. We even have a whole section of the forum about relabeling: T-Shirt Tag Relabeling and Finishing - T-Shirt Forums

Just about any question you have will probably have an answer that is already posted here :)

One of the best ways to research how to start is to start with our "START" popular search tag here. It will link you to some great threads that specifically cover how to get your design to a finished t-shirt and all the little details in between:

start related topics at T-Shirt Forums

To answer your specific question. Continental Clothing is a blank t-shirt wholesaler that has offices in the UK, and they may be able relabel for you. Local printer vs online is just a matter of preference. If you can find someone local to do what you want at a reasonable price, then why not use them. If you can't find someone local to do what you need, then the world is at your fingertips via the internet. You email your designs to a t-shirt printer, they then take the design and usually supply the blanks and print your t-shirts and ship them to you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bricks and Mortar is more the line that Im hoping to go but supported by online sales also- must have a better look around this forum and find out more about how things are done in this business- ill be back wth some more specific questions then perhaps- thanks for the help so far!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts