T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
Being new to this, I have been researching different POD companies to possibly try. One that peaked my interest was Spreadshirt because it seemed like better quality with the flock printing. The question I have is about pricing structure. It seems like that with their free store you can mark up your products as you wish and keep the profit, but you can only upload 3 of your original designs. If you want to upload more designs than 3 you have to become a premium member at $10/month and you now are forced to go to a strait 20% commision instead of setting your own mark up price.
Is this correct?
Somebody please tell me I can upload more than 3 designs and still set up my own price structure.
Thanks,
Joe

·
Premium Member
27,700 Posts
I think you can only upload 3 designs at a time. I think after a certain period of time, you can upload more designs.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi JWS,

I have recently set-up a premium shop with SpreadShirt. You are *not* restricted to 20% commission as a premium member. Free or premium shop members can set their own mark-up prices per product or per design.

Besides the option to upload more vector graphics the premium membership would also allow you to open so called 'designer shops' where customers can create their own product based on your own designs or designs of other published in their 'marketplace'. There are some other small perks.

If you do not care about the extra features, you could pay the premium membership for a couple of months, upload the bulk of your graphics, and then let your premium account expire. You will revert to the free shop. Once you sell some designs, your free membership would allow you to upload more vector graphics.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi JWS,

I have recently set-up a premium shop with SpreadShirt. You are *not* restricted to 20% commission as a premium member. Free or premium shop members can set their own mark-up prices per product or per design.

Besides the option to upload more vector graphics the premium membership would also allow you to open so called 'designer shops' where customers can create their own product based on your own designs or designs of other published in their 'marketplace'. There are some other small perks.

If you do not care about the extra features, you could pay the premium membership for a couple of months, upload the bulk of your graphics, and then let your premium account expire. You will revert to the free shop. Once you sell some designs, your free membership would allow you to upload more vector graphics.

Hope that helps.
Thanks, that is very helpful. I think I may give this one a try.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts