T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, Im new to this website, and pretty new to this hobby, at the mo I'm just toying and experimenting with injket transfer printing on Kids Tees etc. A friend who knew of this asked for a favour- would I print her friends Hen night T-shirts, to which I said no problem...I thought it wouldnt be!!! What im trying to achieve is pink writing on a black 100% cotton t shirt. I thought that with transfer paper for dark fabrics, if I printed the wording onto a 'transparent' layer (in photoshop) that when I ironed it on and peeled the paper away, only the lettering would be left- WRONG, the writing is printed on a big block of white which has transferred too!!! Now, clever people, is there any way around this, or will I just have to print out the image using a BLACK background (instead of transparent) and use up all the print in my printer :confused: ?!!! PLEASE help me as Ive said I'd do this and am now panicking at my first semi-pro attempt!!! Thanks in advance xxxxx

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks very much for your help- how dissapointing that it wont work the way I thought it would...seemed to easy in my head!!! Will HAVE to print on black, and use up the ink lots I guess! Im in the UK and cant seem to find much info about getting plastisol transfers printed with your own designs, and as has been mentioned before I dont think they come as Iron-On's anyway. Could always go with the iron on lettering but have sort of designed it in my own font etc and not sure I want it different...fussy I know! Thank you for your help, im sure I'll be back soon with more questions...how handy is this forum?! Like a dream come true for someone who's just started showin an interest in printing t-shirts!!! Think i'll be sticking to white from now on though!!! Thanks Again x

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ahhh...okay- so assuming I were to order from this site- very impressive one by the way!- could I perhaps email the 'artwork' and they would then print it for me, and I could iron on WITHOUT the white background comin off as well as it were...sorry my technical jargon isnt really up to scratch and im not being very articulate I know!!! Or, would I have to order the letters seperately and put it all together myself?! God im even confusing myself now!

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys- due to time restraints and costs (giving quotes out before I found this out- oopsie!) I think id better stick with printing it myself on a black surround- ah well, you live and learn eh!? Next time Im sticking to white t shirts only!!!! Thanks once again x

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.