T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to the forums and wanted to say hi. I own a small shop working mostly with Heat Press Vinyl and some transfers.

I have found a great supplier for the Heat Press Material - Twill USA. The material cust and weeds very easliy and the mylar backing will stick to the shirts while you move it around before pressing.

This material has been awesome and it is very reasonable - about 25.oo for 5 yards before shipping.

Anyone else out ther mainly use Vinyl Materials?

Jim
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,800 Posts
hi there, :)


A lot of peeps on this board can relate Im sure.

I think the France and Korea are making some really cool fashion forward materias too.

Its sorta like a new artform using Deco Materials. Like Black holographix on black shirs etc.... or that what-u-make-call-it .... the material that lights up ...... fun stuff.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,478 Posts
I use Thermoflex plus for all my text orders and like it quite well for on the spot sales. I will venture into plastisol custom transfers for larger orders. I never thought heatpress vinyl as actually cheap at $25.00 per 5 yards, compared to sign vinyl its gold!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Actually it is less than Thermoflex. If it costs me 25.00 for 5 yards, 50 yards would be 250.00. The biggest plust with this material is the mylar backing is sticky so the design stays in place.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,800 Posts
lauerja said:
Actually it is less than Thermoflex. If it costs me 25.00 for 5 yards, 50 yards would be 250.00. The biggest plust with this material is the mylar backing is sticky so the design stays in place.
what Jon is paying is about right $ 304 wholesale price for Thermoflex™ plus.
Any Thermoflex™ distributor would hit the roof if some was selling it for a lot less.

poster, the vinyl you are buying is cheap $$.:confused: good for you.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It is very good, I have had no issues at all. It cust and weeds well and the sicky surface of the mylar makes adding mutiple colors to one design easy.

I have cut a three color design and then just positined them on one sheet and did a single press.

It is the only vinyl material I am purchasing right now. I have used Stahls, ThermoFlex, and a couple of others, but this is hands-down the best I've used.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,800 Posts
lauerja said:
It is the only vinyl material I am purchasing right now. I have used Stahls, ThermoFlex, and a couple of others, but this is hands-down the best I've used.
we're not talking about " Film " right ?
film costs under $ 23 for 5yrd roll.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
56 Posts
Sounds like it's easy to use and weed, but does it wash as well as Thermoflex Plus? Do the corners come up after washing multiple times? Also, does it feel as soft on the shirt as Thermoflex? There are so many factors beyond price. I've found Thermoflex plus to have a sticky backing too for easy setting of images, opposed to Hotmark 70 which does not stick at all.

Thanks...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,478 Posts
lauerja said:
It is very good, I have had no issues at all. It cust and weeds well and the sicky surface of the mylar makes adding mutiple colors to one design easy.

I have cut a three color design and then just positined them on one sheet and did a single press.

It is the only vinyl material I am purchasing right now. I have used Stahls, ThermoFlex, and a couple of others, but this is hands-down the best I've used.
I would love to know how you did the three color design on one sheet? I am guessing there were no overlays. Could you post a pic for us?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,800 Posts
:D hello. :)

lauerja, or anyone, please do as David asked. Can someone post a photo of a printed multiple color Vinyl design shirt ? please. :D


i can go and dig something up, but man. Can somebody else do it this time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
319 Posts
Ok.. first thing in the morning I want to try doing a vinyl t-shirt - I'm a little confused...
Mirror Image... CHECK
Cut Vinyl.. CHECK
Weed... CHECK
... Now I'm lost.. I have Hotmark 70 I believe - from Signwarehouse... I havent unrolled it much or checked it out for very long, but from what I remember.. there is no backing.. or anything.. I could be completely wrong...

So what are the steps... Lou up for making a vinyl tshirt video??? LOL Just teasin =)

Any tips or suggestions would be very helpful and much appreciated!

Ambrelee
Taylor Tees
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,512 Posts
TaylorTees said:
Lou up for making a vinyl tshirt video??? LOL Just teasin =)
I seem to recall someone linked to one recently (possibly even Lou)... perhaps someone else will remember where (I don't unfortunately).
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,512 Posts
Just to clarify I didn't mean a vinyl video by Lou, but by someone else.
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top