T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
To begin with, as the title states, I am a newbie with no experience or training in Inkscape or any other graphic design program.

I was just playing around this evening with some design ideas for my son's lawn and exteriors business he started last summer. I spent the majority of this evening watching youtube videos on design and Inkscape and this is what I've come up with so far.

Please, I would like honest opinions even if you think it sucks. If you do think it sucks though, please don't say so without offering advice on how to improve. I'm all for constructive criticism - not for blatant rudeness. I just want to learn.

I am my own worst critic so I won't even begin with what I think but will say what I was aiming for. According to color.adobe.com the orange-brownish color is supposed to go well with greens and I thought it had an earthy tone to it to go with the grass - should I go more brown than orange?

Thanks ahead of time for honest constructive opinions and advice!

I forgot to mention the GiG is the initials of my son's company - Grow It Green

Attachments

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Hi. On first look, and this may just be my personal opinion, I would have the light coming from top left instead of top right. I just think the drop shadows look better that way.

I also don't think the grass texture in the letter 'i' is the right one. To me, it's a bit confusing what it's meant to be, on first glance.

I like the idea of reversing the secong 'G' to balance the design though. As for colours, it's usual to try to stick to complementary colours, so yes, orange and green should work as red is the complementary colour to green. Look up 'colour wheel' on Google.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.