T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
first post to this forum. mahalo to those that admin it!

i am torn b/n getting a Hix ht-400 15X15 and a Stahl Mighty Press 16X20. my gut feeling is that the extra $$$ for the 16X20 is worth it, but i have not found any reviews about the Stahl Mighty Press.

I am open to any and all opions on the 2 presses referrenced above.

MAHALO.

-HaokeKid

·
Banned
54 Posts
hi HaoleKid vbmenu_register("postmenu_6415", true); ,

from ny experiance with heat presses, the 16x20 is a monster of a press, it takes up alot more space and you will most likely never need such size plate for anything ( unless you are doing applications to the front panel of a fashion item before it is sewed on to the other parts of the garment, ussually for large runs ).

The basic 15x15 is all you need since most designs are not bigger than that. If you do get a larger design, you can always apply it with a 2 step ( pess one part then the other )

hope this helps !!!!

cheers

·
Banned
54 Posts
also, to do with Stahls.

they have been in business for at least 30 years. They continue to supply iron-on products like die-cut letters/materials etc.

Personally i find that their material colors in the Fuzzy flock end are limited ( no selection ). this is a very popular material now.

For such Materials [edit: removed self promotional URL] s the best from what i can find, they stock flock in about 30 colors ( fashion colors etc. ) and also have this Holographic material that is Amazing.

of couse you would need a Computer Cutter to use the CAD materials to create 1,2,3 color iron on transfers. The best deal i found for these cutters was $ 1800 CND , 24" width cutter, comes with stand and software. I think the cutter is called EASY CUTTER sold by ??? LanserGroup or something like that, i think they are a worldwide company, USA, cANADA ETC....

Sorry if this is somewhat long.
cheers.

edit: removed self promotional link as per forum rules:
http://www.t-shirtforums.com/showthread.php?t=1173

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've owned a 16X20, I have to agree with foxy. There almost useless, unless your doing alot of pressing of that size, I have a HIX HT400D 15X15 and its the best press ive ever used. But thats a choice you have to make. If you have any other questions ill try to help ya out...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the reply all. i have been on the vinly graphics side for about 3 yrs now, and am looking to use the 16X20 for mainly for dye sub tile murals. i hope to leverage my existing designb in that market. that is why i have been looking a the 16X20.

·
Registered
71 Posts
HaoleKid said:
thanks for the reply all. i have been on the vinly graphics side for about 3 yrs now, and am looking to use the 16X20 for mainly for dye sub tile murals. i hope to leverage my existing designb in that market. that is why i have been looking a the 16X20.
If you are thinking of pressing anything else besides shirts I would strongly suggest the larger press. I have learned in the past that going the cheapest route at the time cost more in the long run later.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts