T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all,

I am new in garment decoration and need advice from anyone that can help. A few months back I almost bought a DTG printer until I found this forum and changed my mind. Instead I bought a Graphtec Cutter then.

However I have put up a website and concluded that I will need a printer. I believe my designs will require a lot of work when layering vinyls so I want to print directly.

Now to my questions;My focus is now on Anajet Sprint(all I can afford)I need a printer that would not give me problems as I am new,its not my full time job but a hobby that I am trying to use to step into self employment.

Is there a lot of overheads with Anajet Sprint?

Does it require frequent cleaning(one with white ink)?

Is it a worthwhile investment if done part time?

Does the machine really pay for itself as advertised?

Is pre treatment required also with Anajet?

Are the settings usually different for printing on canvas?

Can it be used to print on Mousepads?

Will several platens be needed(bought separately?)

Can the catridge be removed and changed if the substrate is being changed(like going from 100% cotton to nylon?) anytime?

Does one get a lot of support from the distributors?(I am in the United Kingdom) anyone with the UK experience with the distributor?

· Registered
7 Posts
hi, i am in a very similar situation to yourself as regarding the anajet sprint,i could not of asked what i am looking for any better! Anyway any info i receive i will let you know, hope you will do the same , speak soon

· Banned
80 Posts
I dont know about the sprint other than its more portable than the mp5 and 10...I got a mp5 and love it. But I think they are 8 grand more thou. I have seen some utube videos maybe start your search there to see if you like it in action?

· Vendor
281 Posts
Keep in mind I'm in sales, but I will try and take the "sales pitch" out of my response.....

Is there a lot of overheads with Anajet Sprint?
If you print with the machine often the overhead is limited. The more you print with a SPRINT the better the ink flows. Best thing to do is train before you use the machine so that you can judge for yourself based on your use.

Does it require frequent cleaning(one with white ink)? The more you use it, the less often it needs to be cleaned. We suggest you clean the maint station and wiper once a week when printing daily. If you're not printing daily, find something to print and try cleaning the machine more often. Maybe 1X every 3 days.

Is it a worthwhile investment if done part time?
Yes, you may want to consider loading only color ink and batching your white ink jobs to limit your maint. cost.

Does the machine really pay for itself as advertised?
We have many examples of customers working part time and paying for the machine very quickly. We also have people who have bought the machine and expect it to make their phones ring. This is not the case, you will get out of it, what you put into it.

Is pre treatment required also with Anajet?
If you print with white ink, you need to pretreat.

Are the settings usually different for printing on canvas?
Yes, you use a lighter ink setting for canvas, we will show you this in training.

Can it be used to print on Mousepads?
Yes, you will also use a lighter ink setting for this.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.