T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I'm a web/graphic designer wanting to start my own tee shirt design company.
I've been researching whole sale shirts or make them by scratch. Some of my fashion designs friends recommended me to buy material and have someone make them.

I think now I just want to get the ball rolling and just order shirts from a whole sales. Do you recommend any wholesale companies except from Alternative Apparel or American apparel? Do you know how much does the average women's tee/men shirt goes? I noticed that the lowest price is around 5.00.

Does anyone recommend any screen printing places? I live in chicago. I want to start a small quantity just spread the word. cheers

thank you

:confused:

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts
The average price of an AlternativeApparel or AmericanApparel is about $5. Other brands are much less.

If you are looking for a local screen printer, your best bet is to check the yellow pages or do a local internet search like "screen printing chicago" and start checking out the companies.

·
2,957 Posts
If you are interested in starting from scratch, take a look at what I posted a couple of days ago. It is very expensive to have shirts made.

http://www.t-shirtforums.com/showthread.php?t=2695

you can compare what I wrote to the amounts quoted above for blanks that you can get wholesale.

Your friends may have good intentions, but unless you plan on offering a "new improved style" of t-shirt, then I suggest going with the wholesale market. I'm sure there is something already out there that will fit your needs and you won't have to break the bank!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts