T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, im looking for a bit of advice I currently do t shirts using HTV and works great i brought a sublimation printer (Ricoh) and 3D oven to start making phone cases etc i had a few issues with it being a second hand set i spoke to the sublimation suppliers and they were looking to blame it on something they didnt supply ive spent a week going between different people getting no where quick and have sent the previous set up back. The images looked great printed but when i heated it the ink didnt transfer, the paper was always yellowed so i knew the heat was there. My question is what is best set up to dip my toe in the water? i have a heat press and one was advised that the heat press could be at fault as the heat my not be uniform across the plate. i dont have a fortune to spend and this is more a hobby than commerical operation. ive seen ebay has Epson sublimation printers. how do people get on with them? also have people had mixed results on different heat presses? the heat press i have works great for HTV. thanks in advance

· Registered
1,690 Posts
'The images looked great printed but when i heated it the ink didnt transfer.'

Sublimation prints shouldn't look 'great' until they've been transferred to the substrate. Are you sure you are using sublimation inks and printing on the correct side of the paper?

· Registered
859 Posts
Hi, im looking for a bit of advice I currently do t shirts using HTV and works great i brought a sublimation printer (Ricoh) and 3D oven to start making phone cases etc i had a few issues with it being a second hand set i spoke to the sublimation suppliers and they were looking to blame it on something they didnt supply ive spent a week going between different people getting no where quick and have sent the previous set up back. The images looked great printed but when i heated it the ink didnt transfer, the paper was always yellowed so i knew the heat was there. My question is what is best set up to dip my toe in the water? i have a heat press and one was advised that the heat press could be at fault as the heat my not be uniform across the plate. i dont have a fortune to spend and this is more a hobby than commerical operation. ive seen ebay has Epson sublimation printers. how do people get on with them? also have people had mixed results on different heat presses? the heat press i have works great for HTV. thanks in advance
Sublimation is MUCH more picky on a press. You will need to be sure your temps are very accurate and too much or too little pressure can ruin the substrate/print. Cheap presses will cause you to waste money on trying to "get it right".

HTV is MUCH MORE forgiving then sublimation.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.