T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi :D

I have just started my own online t-shirt business www.head-deviant.com. I am after some feedback. Presentation, designs, ease of navigation etc. Any comments are always gratefully recieved.
If anyone likes the site enough to be linked with or become an affiliate of head-deviant, they will be made very welcome.

Regards

Patrick

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
The site loads pretty slowly. You should make thumbnail images of the stuff on the front page instead of simply mashing the big pictures to fit; the user has to load each of the full-sized pictures even though they only see a tiny image, and this slows down loading considerably. I'd also look at optimizing some of your other images a bit more - for example, the bottom half of the robot weighs in at a hefty 39k (or a 10 second wait for dialup users).

You should have real page names, instead of page##########.html. This looks cleaner for the user, for bookmarks, and for search engines.

Ditch the site counter; not professional.

The light gray on dark gray text/background is a bit hard to read; I suggest increasing the contrast some.

Back to the slow loading times, the subpages are even worse (about twice as bad). http://www.head-deviant.com/page_1159195973359.html, for example, has literally over a megabyte of data to transfer before the page is done loading; we're talking a solid 4 to 5 minutes for a person on dialup, and they'll be long gone before it's done.

You've also got a bad mage link that's referencing a file on your hard drive instead of the server (http://www.head-deviant.com/file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/PATRICK/LOCALS%7E1/TEMP/moz-screenshot-1.jpg)

Asking people to read a bunch of stuff before being able to view the shop when they click the "shop" button is a definite turn-off. That link should probably link directly to products instead, and those notes can be explained in the FAQ or on the individual product pages.

That's all I've got for now, hopefully you find it useful =)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to review my site. Much appreciated.
Your points make a lot of sense. I must admit, the time it takes to load the site was not high on the agenda. A mistake on my part. I will loose the counter and change the layout as you have suggested.

Regards :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi
I have updated my site (again) Head-Deviant and would appreciate any comments / suggestions. I have a thick skin and want to learn so politeness is not a prerequisite :)
The site has not been properly hosted yet (Its on a bit of web space that came with joining zen).
I am thinking of joining 1&1 but would welcome any other suggestions.

Regards

Patrick

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
A lot of the same problems still seem to be there...

I'm guessing you actually ADDED frames since I last looked at it, since I didn't complain about them before -- frames are a big no-no. Use shtml and tables, use css, use php - use anything but frames.

Your designs are way to repetitive. There are 3 "tear drops" designs that all look identical. Other designs are also repeated either very close or exactly. I also find the obviously drawn in Paint and taken from common clipart designs a big turn off, myself.

The distinction (or lack thereof) between "shop" and "Designs" is going to confuse people.

There's more, but too many big problems you've got to look at before the small stuff should be addressed. In short, you've got a lot of work to do :p

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.