T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everybody and thanks for your help,
im planning to start a very small bussines doing Mug sublimation with a Mug heat press and printer.

After reading so much i think my best choice is a GelSprinter Ricoh printer and im looking to buy one in my country, theres 2 options for me at this time:

1-Classic Ricoh GXe3300
2-Ricoh Gxe3350

My doubt is, Gxe3350 is half the price in mi city, if i buy this one and install the ICC profile and Sawgrass Inks would be able to print good transfers for mug sublimation? Sawgrass Sublijet is 100% compatible wit GXe3350?

Second one, is this printer and the Icc profile compatible with Illustrator or just with Corel? I mean, most of the people i read in the forum seem to work with Corel is it possible to work with Illustrator, my plan is MAc OS + Illustrator better than Corel for me + Gxe3350 + Icc profile+ Sawgrass Inks, is everything fully compatible?

What about MAcos, most of the pepole wit these Ricohs talks about Windows 64, 7 etc..is compatible with Mac OS Tiger or LEopard?

And the last one, in sublimation proccess, say for example Mug sublimation, when you print one sheet of paper, ok, you use it one time in the heat press and "print" one mug, if then i want to print another mug in the heat press with the same graphic the previous one, may i use the previously printed sheet of paper/transfer again?
I mean, the transfer paper for sublimation is "like the screens in silkscreen process" you use em over and over again or just once and then you have to print another one?One print many mugs or one print one mug? iguess one print one mug but its better to ask before..:)

Ok thats all for now..hope someone could help me, i dont want to buy my printer without these questions being solved.

Thanks in advance.
Kind regards!

·
Registered
6,428 Posts
Hi everybody and thanks for your help,
im planning to start a very small bussines doing Mug sublimation with a Mug heat press and printer.

After reading so much i think my best choice is a GelSprinter Ricoh printer and im looking to buy one in my country, theres 2 options for me at this time:

1-Classic Ricoh GXe3300
2-Ricoh Gxe3350

My doubt is, Gxe3350 is half the price in mi city, if i buy this one and install the ICC profile and Sawgrass Inks would be able to print good transfers for mug sublimation? Sawgrass Sublijet is 100% compatible wit GXe3350?

Second one, is this printer and the Icc profile compatible with Illustrator or just with Corel? I mean, most of the people i read in the forum seem to work with Corel is it possible to work with Illustrator, my plan is MAc OS + Illustrator better than Corel for me + Gxe3350 + Icc profile+ Sawgrass Inks, is everything fully compatible?

What about MAcos, most of the pepole wit these Ricohs talks about Windows 64, 7 etc..is compatible with Mac OS Tiger or LEopard?

And the last one, in sublimation proccess, say for example Mug sublimation, when you print one sheet of paper, ok, you use it one time in the heat press and "print" one mug, if then i want to print another mug in the heat press with the same graphic the previous one, may i use the previously printed sheet of paper/transfer again?
I mean, the transfer paper for sublimation is "like the screens in silkscreen process" you use em over and over again or just once and then you have to print another one?One print many mugs or one print one mug? iguess one print one mug but its better to ask before..:)

Ok thats all for now..hope someone could help me, i dont want to buy my printer without these questions being solved.

Thanks in advance.
Kind regards!
Suggest you read this thread and the other threads referenced in the posting first before you commit.

http://www.t-shirtforums.com/dye-sublimation/t176950.html#post1047905

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.