T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of entering the t-shirt business, but I'm a total newbie.

Heat pressing for t-shirts is not a common business in my part of Europe, not even at malls/in shops or flea markets, so I believe the market will be great if I do the right kind of marketing and target my customers. My problem is that I have absolutely no experience from the printing business and I have never seen a heat press. I therefore have some really basic questions to ask.

I'm thinking of buying a heat press, some t-shirts and also some pre-printed heat transfers from companies like ProWorldInc.com.

1. Is this all the equipment I need for a t-shirt business?
  2. Can I use prints like these on all kind of t-shirts and all colors?
I would also like to know if there are any good instructional books, DVDs, etc, that can learn me how to do the tranfer process? Or is it so easy that I will figure it out all by myself?

BTW, great forum! Just the kind of forum I was looking for!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
29 views, but no answers.. :/

This is my main question:
Is a heat press, transfers and t-shirts all the equipment I need for a t-shirt business?

I also would like to know what other (pre printed) heat transfer suppliers than ProWorldInc.comyou would recommend?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Yes, that is what my t-shirt business consists of, a heat press, transfers and shirts. All you need to do now is let the consumers know you exist. Throw up a website and sell your tees it's basically that simple.

Regarding your question about "where else to buy transfers" Pro World Inc. is one of the biggest and has most of the preprinted heat transfers that all of the other companies sell and thier are no minimums.

·
Registered
93 Posts
steff said:
I am thinking of entering the t-shirt business, but I'm a total newbie.

Heat pressing for t-shirts is not a common business in my part of Europe, not even at malls/in shops or flea markets, so I believe the market will be great if I do the right kind of marketing and target my customers. My problem is that I have absolutely no experience from the printing business and I have never seen a heat press. I therefore have some really basic questions to ask.

I'm thinking of buying a heat press, some t-shirts and also some pre-printed heat transfers from companies like ProWorldInc.com.

1. Is this all the equipment I need for a t-shirt business?
At least, yes.

steff said:
2. Can I use prints like these on all kind of t-shirts and all colors?
No. Each transfer at the site you mentioned will specify what colors you can apply them to.

They also have a FAQ which answers all of your questions:

http://www.proworldinc.com/all_about_transfers.aspx

steff said:
I would also like to know if there are any good instructional books, DVDs, etc, that can learn me how to do the tranfer process? Or is it so easy that I will figure it out all by myself?

BTW, great forum! Just the kind of forum I was looking for!

It's generally recommended to learn it hands-on. There is no process set in stone that works for everyone. Differences in humidity, moisture, press pressures, temp guages, type of paper used, type of inks used, type of garment used, etc. determines your process. Follow the general guidelines provided by the transfer/paper manufacturer and examine your final product. You can find posts here, make posts, send private messages, or call most screenprinters and ask specific questions based on your results if you have any problems.

B.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys! I have some experience from e-commerce and online marketing, so that part should be OK. I just have to spend some time learning more about heat pressing.

What kind of printer and sheets do I need for making my own transfers for dark shirts?
I read that ink based printers/transfers only does well on light shirts.
What about color lasers? Are those transfers OK for dark shirts?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts