T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi there , I'm Jeff Very new to the business, going through all the ins and outs of the business side of running a t-shirt co. I have lots to learn, right now i am struggling to organize my quickbooks, the inventory feature is a difficult one. anyways hope to share what i know and learn a bunch with you all.

so my first question is .... What software is the most user friendly and easy for your t-shirt business, is there anything better than quickbooks for the business that we are all in????

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Quickbooks, at least in regards to inventory management is horrible. Peachtree is much better, although I've dumped both of them and am using a custom inventory control system. Also, Piki is developing an 'in-house' inventory management system for fulfillment centers, like myself, and should be released in the next few months. My two cents, if you're just starting out, and this really depends upon the size of operation you are running, separate everything into a bin system and put a clipboard on the front of each bin. Use an Excel spreadsheet and type up a mock inventory print off a few copies and then track your inventory every week. At the end of each month you can input in the data and keep track that way. Just my two cents, it takes a little bit of time but if you really want to control your inventory its just one way to do it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts