T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
A full colour digital image is laser printed (in reverse) onto a transparent (or white) film and a white 'mask' is screen printed over the back.
When pressed the whole thing has the feel and durability of a screen printed transfer.
If I understand correctly, in comparison to a white toner laser transfer, essentially the benefit of DST is replacing the white toner undercoat with a screen printed undercoat, but the full color toner layer remains.

So, I'm having trouble imagining how "When pressed the whole thing has the feel and durability of a screen printed transfer."?

·
Registered
429 Posts
Thank you, Professor Tabob. I'm not going to try to understand all of this now, and I had trouble following the videos (and I didn't get sound, I assume there wasn't any).

But are you saying one way is to use BOTH white coating PLUS black coating (plus adhesive)? What would be the point of the black coating?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.