T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there! I recently started an automotive enthusiast apparel company. After 3 months of business planning, designing, and photo shoots, we are finally set to launch at the end of this months. We have 4 designs we are launching with, and will be using shopify/printful for the first 6-12 months. Right before launch, we are sending out custom design shirts to several "influencers" in the industry who will be helping us with social media awareness of our brand.

Each design for each of these "influencers" are different and based off of our original logo. These are one-off shirts that we won't be offering until MUCH later. I've been trying to work with local shirt printing on getting these shirts done, but the designs seem to have too many colors for the vinyl/heat transfer process. I've attached a link so you can see the designs. These designs are going on either black or grey shirts.

https://imgur.com/a/P8YR2

FYI on the 3rd image, you might have to click on it to see the whole image.

Like I said before, I'm just looking for the best techniques for getting these designs (especially the 2 most complicated designs) printed on a black or grey cotton/ploy blend shirt. I have a lot to learn and plan on continuing my education once we finally launch, as the main goal is to do our own printing. Thanks in advance for your help!

· Registered
40 Posts
No matter what process you choose to get the samples produced, it won't match what you choose to produce in quantity. In other words, if you intend on printing more then 6 dozen shirts at a time, you would probably choose screen printing. If your samples aren't screen printed, then they won't be the same, or look the same, of feel the same. "If it's not the same...Then it's different".
DTG is very expensive for large quantities of shirts. The cost it print DTG is the same on every shirt printed, no matter how many you print. Screen printing is the most cost effective, but the cost to go to press is the same for one shirt or a million shirts. You divide that cost into the number of shirts you print.
You should research the production aspects of you product, before you try to to sell something that can't eccomincally get produced. Production costs influence selling cost. Your artwork should be designed for the process that you intend to use to reproduce your artwork with.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.