T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to know where I can get a blank screen to practice burning them myself. Preferably brick and mortar. I tried searching google as well as the forum but couldn't find an answer. Any help? Thanks

·
Registered
214 Posts
Have you checked the yellow pages for screen printers? I can't speak for every printer, but if someone called me and asked to buy a screen, I'd help them out. I might tack on 5-10$, but if you can't find anyone else, it's worth trying.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for your help. I was starting to go a little crazy trying to find one on google. I found a screen printer close by that would sell me the screen already burned but that would defeat the purpose of buying it for the purpose of learning. Thanks again guys

·
Registered
302 Posts
Thanks for your help. I was starting to go a little crazy trying to find one on google. I found a screen printer close by that would sell me the screen already burned but that would defeat the purpose of buying it for the purpose of learning. Thanks again guys
One of my ink / equipment suppliers has a in-house screen department.They will make your screen or supply it blank.Look under screenprinting equipment and supplies in your local yellow pages.I always get asked to do screens but send them to my local supplier.They have more time to work with you because they're not printing.Hope this helps.

·
Registered
274 Posts
As someone before mentioned, there is a Dick Blick on Bond, near Bleeker St. Also, on the West Side on Varick St. (SoHo/TriBeCa), there is a place called Standard Screen that will make screens to order on the spot (with a short wait, of course) in almost any size and mesh count. Blick has most standard sizes and usually carries both Speedball brand and their own Dick Blick brand - the mesh counts are really only for shirts - nothing higher than 110 that I've ever seen. They also carry Union, Speedball and Versatex inks. I think Standard Screen carries their own ink - never bought any ink from them, just screens. Unfortunately, Standard Screen is only open on weekdays from around 8am-5pm, so if you wanted to go there on a weekend, you're out of luck...

·
Registered
414 Posts
what you can do is buy the screen with one of your designs on it, make a few shirts then clean it off and try it yourself. Now you have a screen to practice on and a few shirts made, just in case your first attempt isnt that good, and you have finished product to compare your work too.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Where can I buy a screen in Queens, NY?

I'd like to know where I can get a blank screen to practice burning them myself. Preferably brick and mortar. I tried searching google as well as the forum but couldn't find an answer.

Victory Factory
184-10 Jamaica Avenue
Hollis, Queens 11423
T: 718 454-2255
www.victoryfactory.com

M & R Printing Equipment Inc‎

155 Sherwood Ave
Farmingdale, NY
631/293-0063

CRS International‎

4224 Orchard St # 1,
Long Island City, NY
718/937-6400‎

Pocono Mt. Screen Supply
2 Chapel Street
Honesdale, PA 18431
Pocono Mt. Screen Supply - Products - Specials

Reactions: Jules00

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Victory Factory
184-10 Jamaica Avenue
Hollis, Queens 11423
T: 718 454-2255
www.victoryfactory.com
Thanks Richard! This is actually very near my house:) I ordered the screen makers start up kit today and will be picking it up on Monday.

If all else fails you could go to Michael's Arts & Crafts. I know they sell basic screenprinting kits that come with a screen, squeeggee, ink, emulsion, all the goodies you'll need to do a basic print.
actually I went to Michael's earlier in the week and they told me they didn't sell screens. That was my first guess.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts