T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered the heat press, teflon sheets, tee square and a heat press pad along with some transfers online and was curious if I needed anything else to get started besides tshirts and bags I will apply the transfers to? Can I print transfers on an HP printer then use my heat press? thanks for any help

· Registered
736 Posts
Epsons with aftermarket pigment refills are the standard for long lasting transfers. Most consumer level HPs use dye inks and cannot be refilled with pigments. If you have a pro model you will have to research it. Almost all Epsons can be refilled, but you are best getting a Stylus Photo 1400 or better, or a Workforce 1100. OEM Epson inks are too yellow for heat pressing.

· Registered
7,155 Posts
You need t-shirts and other items to heat press.

You can use the HP for now. As Fenrir said, probably buy an Epson Workforce 1100 for under $200. www.Hotzone360.com will sell them with Pigment ink for a nice price. Ships from Florida.

Pigment ink printers do require work. You need to learn and understand head cleaning. You can search for a www.YouTube.com video for Making a Waste Ink Kit or something like that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.