T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our organization hosts softball tournaments. We're just getting in to printing tournament tee shirts. We have a company that is supplying us shirts with an image on the front and we're using a heat press to add a list of teams to the back using JetPro Softstretch Light inkjet paper. The paper works fine on our white and light pink shirts but leaves and adhesive ghost image on our darker shirts. We are only using one color(black) in our print. What product would you recommend that we use for darker color shirts? Is there something out there for inkjet printers that won't leave that rectangular image on the shirt? Any help would be greatly appreciated by this newbie.

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
I can't remember what it's called, but there is a paper for printing on darks. However, it requires weeding because it prints onto a white layer which is then pressed to the shirt, so you'll end up with a white square with names in the middle of it. You would be better off cutting those names out in vinyl and pressing that to the shirts. Or you could get the names put on plastisol transfers for you that you could then press onto the shirts. Or you could ask the company doing the printing on the front, to add the names to the backs of the shirts (though I don't think they'll do this for free).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Iben, thanks for the response. We normally don't know our full list of teams until days before the start of a tournament, so that's why we're needing to print the team names ourselves. Can you tell me more about Plastisol?

·
Registered
6,326 Posts
You can use Blue Grid or 3g Opague, but it's still has a white backing.

We print transfers for people like yourself. Custom Plastisol transfers are the way to go. You can get pricing, and schedule yourself for printing with most companies. As soon as you receive the names you send it to the printer.

Also, you can get a cutter, and use Heatpress vinyl like Thermo Flex Press.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.