T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am starting up my t-shirt business and need some help on what equipment to buy.

Here is what I'm getting so far:
11x15 heat press not sure which brand yet
Epson 1280 printer.

I guess I need to know what transfer paper to use and what ink i need to buy.

Thanks,
Frank

·
Registered
314 Posts
I am starting up my t-shirt business and need some help on what equipment to buy.

Epson 1280 printer.

I would try to buy the biggest heat press that you can afford and have space for. What type of budget are you working with?

Jet pro sof stretch for lights and Iron all dark or alpha gold seems to be the most recommended papers. You may want to consider buying samples of different papers to see which one YOU like!!
Im not sure how much the 1280 costs, but the epson 1400 is 199 after 100 mail in rebate. This a good deal, I paid the full amount when I purchased mine.

I use coastal's inks and I havent had a problem with the at all.. good ink!!!(pigment).
I hope this helps...

·
Registered
6,008 Posts

Epson 1280 printer.

I would try to buy the biggest heat press that you can afford and have space for. What type of budget are you working with?

Jet pro sof stretch for lights and Iron all dark or alpha gold seems to be the most recommended papers. You may want to consider buying samples of different papers to see which one YOU like!!
Im not sure how much the 1280 costs, but the epson 1400 is 199 after 100 mail in rebate. This a good deal, I paid the full amount when I purchased mine.

I use coastal's inks and I havent had a problem with the at all.. good ink!!!(pigment).
I hope this helps...
Very sound advice. I would never buy less than a 15x15 press, but if the budget allows go bigger. I also suggest a name brand press annd no Ebay Junk .... JB

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If I use an epson 1280 with ink tranfers will it give me a profesional quality shirt that i can sell.

also if I print the transfer can I feed it into my plotter to cut it out before i press it?

Thanks in advance for you help

·
Registered
6,874 Posts
Frank I think you will be very sorry that you didn't buy a 15x15 heat press. If you ever want to apply stock transfer designs (and you will) the 11x15 will be too small for many designs. The Epson printer will do a very nice job with their inks. The ClearSoft paper from Pro World performs real well with this printer.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think I'm going to go with a 15x15 press it seems like to the way to go. Where can I get a good press for around 400.

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
Yes as long as the transfer paper is 2-ply or you use a carrier sheet.
You will need a cutter that can contour cut to trim your transfers . I think inkjet transfers are great for certain types of garments, but I would not sell them to customers who don't have a understanding of the quality and overall durability. .... JB

·
Registered
6,874 Posts
I think I'm going to go with a 15x15 press it seems like to the way to go. Where can I get a good press for around 400.
I do not know of any 15x15 for $400 that is decent quality. Since the press is the key to printing the transfers I would not try to buy 'cheap'.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts