T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have lurked long enough and now need heat press help.

I started out making rhinestone shirts and some vinyl shirts this past September. I purchased a Chinese 15x15 heat press from eBay in September since I didn't know if I was going to make this a side business or just keep doing it for fun. I would say its still for fun but do 30-60 shirts a month, sometimes more sometimes less. Well today I can't get the press to heat up past about 110, I have an order of 15 shirts due out by Friday so needless to say this has caused great stress!! I have another order coming in this week for at least 15 shirts....and have several custom school spirit shirts pending design approval.

Anyway I have read and re-read the threads about all the different kinds of heat presses. I am leaning towards a GeoKnight, sounds like they have amazing customer service and love that its a USA product, but am worried that it might be too big of a machine for my small production...and the cost is a bit more than I thought about spending. I don't want to have to purchase another machine for quite a while but don't want to "over buy" either. I promised myself that I would only buy what I had cash reserve for but at this time can't make any cash if I can't press any shirts.

Thanks in advance-
Laurie

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hello and welcome,

I would say that if i did not have a heat press i could not work. So is a main part of my business . Sounds like you are the same. Perhaps an investment is worth while . The cheap ebay presses are ok but you need something that will last. Go for it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. I think that have narrowed it down to something with the temperature controller. My husband said one of the connections wasn't making good contact. Last night I was hopeful that we had figured it out and were going to be able to nurse it along so I could decide which press I was going to replace it with. It heated up once to the correct temp, but now won't go past 95

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
You have to watch those presses. I had one burst into sparks and flames on me when I hit the power button! I'm so thankful I was right there when it happened. The press I want is the Stahls Hotronix Fusion but they are pricey even when they're on sale. I also have back-ups just in case.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You have to watch those presses. I had one burst into sparks and flames on me when I hit the power button! I'm so thankful I was right there when it happened. The press I want is the Stahls Hotronix Fusion but they are pricey even when they're on sale. I also have back-ups just in case.
WOW!! How scary! I have looked at that one too. SOOOO many choices! I don't know if this is going to continue to grow or if I'm just going to keep doing it for "fun". If you don't mind me asking what kind are your "back up" heat presses?

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
I have one expensive one a swingman. It doesn't have anything digital on it and I rarely use it because of that, but I paid nearly $800 for it! Then I have a 4 in 1 press which has a 12x12, 7 inch plate, cap, and mug press, a 15x15 press, and a stand alone mug press. All are cheap presses I got on eBay except for the swingman press that I got from one of the vendors on the left.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.