T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I am a newbie to the t-shirt business. I want to start my t-shirt business in open a kiosk in my local mall or flea market and I wanted to know will this heat press get the job done.. Panther Press: 9"x12"..here is a link to where i found it Panther Press: 9"x12" - Hobby Heat Press (A BESTBLANKS Exclusive!). I want to do t-shirts, aprons, mouse pads, and etc some on the basics...so veterans or anyone that has experience in the heat press business..please let me know what you think of this heat press or if you have any recommends on what heat press I should get and yes I am on a very small budget. I only have $600 to invest into my business....Thanks in advance for all your advice.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
I would try and get a bit larger press if you can. Stahls mighty press lite is an 11x15 around $350.00. Stahls mighty press 15x15 is around $650.00. Sunie press 15x15 is around $300. I know the Stahls press are good and the Sunie I have no first hand experience but there are folks on this forum that are happy with it. There are other cheaper offbrand overseas made units that can be hit or miss. I would say stay with a name brand if you can afford it.

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
Hello Tye, I advise you to not buy smaller than a 15x15 press, This will allow you to press full size transfers easier. The 15x15 press will also allow for ease of design alignment. The cost is a little higher, but the production time will be increased and this will allow you to do more in a shorter time . ... JB

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Please note that A small press can do the job and you may find that out if you Read some of the posts here. I know I can press any size transfer with that size yes you will have to press more then once!

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
One factor to take into account Tye, is the physical weight of the machine. The bigger the presses get the heavier they become. If you are using it from home, or from a fixed workplace it isn't a problem, but if you were emptying your kiosk for security reasons every night. You might not be inclined to be lugging a bigger (and heavier) press around.

Before you commit to purchase, check out all the options and buy what suits your needs best. Take a bit of time to research exactly what you are going to be using it for.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts