T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to this and would like to get started with something simple and not expensive. I own a Group Home for Special Needs people and I will basically be using the vinyl cutter and heat press to make them T-Shirts and other things for special events, etc..

Thank You

·
Premium Member
27,700 Posts
Can anyone help a brother out??
It would help if you could tell us your specific questions that you have about the equipment :)

Otherwise, members won't know what information to share and what information you've already read from the many threads that have been posted about heat presses and vinyl cutters.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not sure what other information you would need. I basically said what I needed it for in my first message.

I Need an inexpensive/reliable cutter. I'm not going to be printing massive amounts on it. I will mainly be using it to make shirts for special events, stickers etc..

·
Registered
1,959 Posts

The GCC Expert 24 is an excellent cutter for the price. Make sure you are getting the warranty through GCC. It would be great for what you are thinking of doing and for the work load you mentioned.

As for the heat press, I would look to suppliers on this site before I went on Ebay to purchase one. This way you are guaranteed some support.

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
The US Cutter brand seems to be very popular as a low cost, entry level vinyl cutter.

I would be leery of really cheap heat presses, many people are happy with them but most of the problem threads also trace back to cheap presses. The Sunie press seems to be a popular cheap brand though. Buy a 15x15.

·
Registered
299 Posts
If you are going to make t-shirts with vinyl you are going to be limited to 1 or 2 colors, might want to think about a printer like Epson workforce 1100 and transfer paper will be cheaper and more colors.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
How does it compare to the US Cutter MH and Laserpoint cutters?
The Expert 24 can be set up as a printer in windows, but those two cutters cannot. This means that you cannot send jobs directly from Corel Draw or Adobe Illustrator. You need to use software that has those cutters set up already such as SignBlazer Elements that usually ships with those cutters.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Ok I got the vinyl cutter delivered today...can't wAit to set it up!! Should I go for a sunie 15x15 heat press?? I found one under 300 on eBAy... I was looking for something around $200-250 but if I can't find one then sunie is the winner

·
Registered
8,082 Posts
I have used a Sunie 15x15 as my back up for almost 2 years...no problems...but if you buy from Sunie.com, Leading Provider of Signs Equipment. you will get a longer warranty...incidently the sunies on ebay are put there by the same company....OR..you might want to check out Home Page I think they may have a better cutter for about the same price..maybe with free shipping (or it used to be.... check'em out

1 - 14 of 14 Posts