T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya , So, i previously wrote saying me and my mother wanted to go into t shirt printing and got lots of advice from you all, and decided to go with Vinyl. Our new vinyl cutter & Heat press is gettting delivered tomorrow and im so excited. IS there anything else i need to get started , other than obvisouly T shirts & Vinyl?? Any tips atall will be very much appreciated as i have just watched loads of videos on you tube, read lots of your threads on here, so im hoping we get the hang of it. Also any links to step by step vids/documents would be great. Again..ANYTHING you can tell us =) Thanks!!!! xx

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
just checked with the supplier, it comes complete with coreldraw..Thank god. Scared me then ! lol. Ist here anything else i need to get started or will i ready to give it a whirl when it arrives tomorrow? Thanks again

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
I've never heard of a cutter coming with coreldraw before. They come with the drivers, and they come with software that is compatible with corel, but I've never heard of them tossing in a copy of corel to the mix. I got the graphtec ce5000-60 cutter/plotter and it came with the corel drivers and compatible software, but not corel itself.

If you need to purchase corel, though I love x6 it isn't compatible with my cutter but x3 - x5 are. If it comes with everything you need you are lucky indeed. If it doesn't, you'll be needing corel. All of your designs will need to be viewed in wire frame for them to cut correctly.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ohh really. Maybe they are mistaken then . If it doesnt come with it..how will i know which coreldraw is compatable?will it say with the driver? youv been a great help thanks, and by wire frame...im guessing this is an option on the coreldraw? lol. Thanks

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
I don't know if they are mistaken or if you misunderstood when they said they were including software. CorelDRAW x6 is brand new. You can upgrade to it later on when drivers become available. X5 has been around long enough to have compatible drivers ready for you. You can go to the cutter's website and look there for answers.

In CDR under view you will find the selection of wireframe. If you've never worked with graphic software before I suggest you go to advancedtshirts.com and buy instructional cds on coreldraw.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thank you, yeah it was me been a clutz. they are trying to reccomend a programme called Flexi start 10.0 ? but reading all the threads on here i reckon i should stick with coreldraw?you think this is wise? thanksss

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yep thanks guys..your all really helpful. iv ordrerd the coreldraw x4 to start with as you reccommended & the signcut pro. only thing i ever used is inkscape . but had a lot of help from supplier and you guys. so thanks again!!! keep tips coming =) x

·
Registered
190 Posts
I've never heard of flexi before. Sounds like they don't include the software. And with corel you have flexibility to do other kinds of printing too, not just cutting out vinyl.
Flexi Is a very good program for printing and cutting. It is a very powerfull program and I might not recommend it for someone just starting out and is only using thier cutter for cutting vinyl.

Where flexi shines is the color profiles and print setting it has for many of the printers and cutters in the field. Which is very helpful if you have more than one printer and cutter. I also like the contour cutting feature much better than that of wasatch and other rip programs ( it seems to cut smoother).

Flexi is a great program (I use it), but it might be too big of a jump for beginners.

Most cutters come with thier own cutting software which works well for most people.

Do you have a heat press?

I recommend getting some teflon sheets or the brown craft paper to cover your heat pressed vinyl.

I also recommend getting some heat press pads.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.