T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, all. I'm starting a jewelry and t-shirt business, and am hoping to use T-Shirt Forums to help me figure out how to get my designs onto shirts. I'll be looking for a good screen printer and a good DTG printer. I'll probably want to supply my own shirts and print in quantities of around 20 - 30 per design to start.

I don't know much about the t-shirt business, so I am very glad this resource exists!

Thanks in advance for all your help! :)

Maile

·
Registered
120 Posts
I would suggest having your shirts printed locally. Especially if it's your first time around. Giving yourself the ability to stop by the shop where your getting them printing comes in handy. Plus, if you receive the order and things aren't exactly how you imagined its a lot easier to deal with the problem face to face rather then over 20 emails. Printers are a dime a dozen...Just source them all out and choose the best one.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm in Berkeley, CA. I'd love to print locally if I can find a good match! Right now I'm looking at DTG and waterbase printing, with relatively low volume runs (30-40-ish per design, with regular re-orders). I'm not 100% positive what kind of printing process will be the best match for my images. Here's an example of the type of image I want to print (on children's shirts): Picasa Web Albums - Maile

Any advice would be very appreciated! You guys are great!

Maile

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Printers are a dime a dozen
dimes are easy to come by..its the half dollars you need to be looking for....I take offense to that quote btw.......

your designs would work with either method of printing.....waterbase will give you a softer feel but with the colos of the design I dont think plastisol will have a heavy feel either...your choice...keep in mind that most shops charge more for using waterbased inks rather than plastisol.......because there are more thing involved in the process and the printer needs more experience using waterbase inks.....good luck

Inked

1 - 8 of 8 Posts