T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to Illustrator and can't figure out how to set up a document with more than one page or how to add pages as I go. JB :confused:

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Re: Newbie

Illy doesn't use "pages".
It uses layers that stack over the art board.

Go to the Windows menu and turn on Layers. Click the little square with a corner folded up to create a new layer. Click the layer name to make it active, and the eye to turn that layer on and off.

If you need to create a document, InDesign might be a better choice.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Actually there is a way you can make a multi page file in illustrator and when saved, it will be a mulit page pdf..I just learned this not too long ago so i made some screenshots of how it goes... First create a new document in illustrator and lets say you want a 5 page file, make the document dimensions at 11" tall by 42.5" <--(that is just 8.5 x5) wide and set the file for portrait.

Then your new document should look like this in Illustrator:

Then i immediately go to File/Print even though i dont plan on printing anything at the moment..Go to the general tab.. This is just for set up:

Then next go to Setup and make sure you select Tile Full pages as seen below:

Close out the print dialogue box and back at you document go to file/view/show page tiling.. It should give you something like this:
(ignore the fact that my image shows hide page tiling.. I already had page tiling viewable. .I just opened it up to show u guys..

I like to save my files right from the start. you dont have to though.. you can wait to do this til the end of your creation.. So anyway go to file/save as/adobe pdf as shown below:

When you do that it wil open this and make sure you do select save multi page PDF from page tiles.. I didnt get a chance to select mine before my screen shot application snapped this picture but DO SELECT THAT OPTION AT THE BOTTOM:

So there you have it, you now will have a pdf document that will be showed as a multi page in acrobat or whatever else you open it in..
Sorry that my screen shots arent great but i think you can see what to do.:)

Attachments

·
Registered
372 Posts
create them individually in illustrator (1 file each).... then export them individually to jpg..... and then place the jpeg in Word document OR Publisher (1 page each) so you can have a multiple page.....(if you don't want to shell out $$ for InDesign or Corel or QuarkExpress) :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts