T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a GCC Bengal. It was an OPEN BOX DEMO unit and when I picked it up I was very impressed with the customer service. What a beautiful piece of machinery. I understand automation since I have sold motors, drives and automated systems for years. The difference between a stepper or servo drive made my decision easy.
Ok on with the machine... When I got it home, set it up I spent a little time playing with it. After just a few minutes I was cutting vinyl. With a few questions bouncing in my head I called GCC and again their customer service and tech support was AWESOME! Now this isnt a solicitated review, just a newbie to the business sharing a great experience. I'm using Corel Draw and so far everything is working great! Now all I have to do is market myself. I'd like to make the graphics and sell them for customers to "self install". Can anyone give me an idea on how pricing to customers is structured? I guess I could figure this one out myself but would rather make a fair profit than lose business charging too much or not making enough. Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks again to GCC for your outstanding service and quality!

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Congratulations on your purchase!

We too liked the GCC Bengal. Did the unit come with any software?

When you state that you would like to sell designs to customers to "self install", that would not be possible unless they have a heat press of their own. Most heat applied vinyls will not apply properly using just a hand iron.

As for pricing, I have seen people upcharge anywhere from 100-200% or more. I would do some investigation in your area as to what similar businessess are charging for their services, so that you make sure that you are in the correct range. You can create your pricing from there.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Nick...

Thanks! It only came with the GreatCut software which is pretty much just an interface.
Maybe I should make clear that my intention is to cut vinyl graphics to apply to hard substrates (stickers). I've already designed some graphics and ready to cut n sell. Also can provide custom stuff. What I'm curious about is a 5" x 12" sticker, what it would sell for?

·
Registered
628 Posts
Where did you find a open box demo?

GCC dont even show dealers on their site.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts