T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I'm a newbie from the philly area. Been designing shirts for a while now and I'm finally ready to take the plunge into getting my own set-up. I'm on here to get more information on presses and good starter presses. I hope to learn from others in the community and eventually gain more knowledge and experience so I too can help others out. I look forward to being a part of this community!
- Dink

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey Philly,

I started with a 4 color press, spot dryer and an oven. If you are going to be printing a very low number of tees you could get away with only a press and a spot dryer. I have even used a paint remover which cost about $20.00 to cure tees. If you are doing one color designs you could get these small special hinges that you can attach to a table then all you do is by one screen and a paint remover and you are in business. You can also pick up some tempature sticks that you can put inside your tees to make sure they are curing.

If there's anything else just ask.

Mark
twosouls.ca

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I definitely will be doing more then one color designs. I'd say primarily I'll be printing 1 and 2 color designs and maybe a few 3 color designs. I have a bunch of designs already that my partner and I were doing. He has a press and had just started printing, but I don't want to need to rely on him to do everything. I want to be able to print when I want to and be able to get things done when he cannot. I don't want to spend a sh*tload, and I'm willing to get some used stuff. I want a 4 color press, a flash dryer, and perhaps a conveyer dryer. I know I can make a home made exposure unit, but I gotta figure out exactly how to do it. My partner was just using a work lamp + velum paper and it was working for him. Basically what it comes down to (as always) is I want to get some decent equipment to start out with for as cheap as possible. I know I'm doing this and going to be doing this for a while as we already have a small merch company started, however at the current time I have too many bills to shell out a lot of money. That may or may not change by the end of the year.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts