T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
I’m a starting out screenprinter in France. I’ve been passively using this forum for over a month now, when I find myself in a hole and can’t get out!
Being not in the US and not being able to easily access all these wonderfully innovative and sometimes cheap solutions here in Europe, I’m struggling a little to get ink for my newly bought Epson 3000 refurb.
Since I’m using it exclusively for transparencies…. If I use the Black cartridge only do I have to install all the other colors too (or empty dummy cartriges) or can I just leave the other three slots empty?
I would greatly appreciate any help, before I get up and decide to move back to the US! :(
Many thanks
SC

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
You will have to have cartridges installed in all slots. You might be able to use dummies or ones filled with cleaning solution. There are a bunch of remanufactured cartridge suppliers on the web though. And they're CHEAP- extremely cheap!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the speedy reply,
yeah i guess I'll have to just use three dummy cartidges, that is if I could find them. Only thing I've found are long 220ml plastic clear cartridges that say "some printers may need a chip"???
I'm still a bit lost. If anyone has a link for someone selling empty cartidges that would be great.
Also, reading all the horror stories about "third party ink" I wonder if all the stories about clogging the head and not being opaque enough are true. One Epson original ink cartridge costs 75 euros over here, that's over 120 dollars----do I have to use OEM cartidges???
SC
"Screenprinter in the Old World!!!"

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Could I ask you which ink you use? Or would you have any suggestions. Over here I've to found 4 (third party) inks on ebay for about 50$US, but I can't seem to find out whether they are dye or pigment. I've tried to order refill kits from overthere, but no one will ship to here.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts