T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
first, hello to all!! i am extremely excited i stumbled onto this site!! ok, let's move on.

i am VERY new to the t shirt industry. i am interested in putting WHITE text on DARK colored tees. nothing fancy, just some slightly off-color humor in simple fonts--no pictures or graphics whatsoever. problem is--where do i start? i'm starting to see that opaque transfers are out. i guess plastisol is an option (do i just take my text to a graphic designer and have them print the sentences on the paper?? i'm guessing i can't do this with an ink jet at home since white ink is sorta nowhere to be found). or should i look into screening (the thought of messy inks is driving me nuts)? who knew so many decisions had to be made to get "WWJD for a klondike bar" on a blue tee.

any and all info would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
You have some options:
- Plasticol transfers
- Vinyl Cutter
- Screen Printing
- air brush
- stencils

...but mainly the first three (screen printing, plasticol, or vinyl)

If you are just doing text t-shirts, dont hire a graphic designer. Buy illustrator or corel draw, and just type the text on there. That is all a graphic designer would do.

·
Registered
180 Posts
My designs are all text and I am using Corel Draw. I first got the 30 day trial versions of Photoshop and Corel. I ended up buying Corel. I am going to start using plastisol transfers soon.

jdr8271 said:
You have some options:
- Plasticol transfers
- Vinyl Cutter
- Screen Printing
- air brush
- stencils

...but mainly the first three (screen printing, plasticol, or vinyl)

If you are just doing text t-shirts, dont hire a graphic designer. Buy illustrator or corel draw, and just type the text on there. That is all a graphic designer would do.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys! so, next question...

what's the best way to get the text from my computer to the plastisol? i guess what i'm getting at is how does this plastisol work? with opaque transfers everything could be done from my home computer. do i have to use a middle man (ie, graphic firm like silver mountain or first edition) to get a quality plastisol transfer?

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
gypsyrosegp said:
who knew so many decisions had to be made to get "WWJD for a klondike bar" on a blue tee.

any and all info would be greatly appreciated.
Getting that printed is the easiest thing in the world.

Step 1) Go here.
Step 2) Add however many you want to cart.
Step 3) Bust out the credit card and pay for them.
Step 4) Rejoice, knowing you have an original product.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well that would be pretty easy if i wanted that shirt. or this one
http://www.desithreads.com/desi_t-shirtdetail.cfm?pid=109

or this one
http://www.t-shirts.com/printed/default.asp?sid=143891430501&cmd=detail&type=E&id=27218

or even this one
http://www.tshirthell.com/store/product.php?productid=444

but alas, i don't. i just wanna know how the hell they did it. so i can do it too. and after i do, i'll be sure to provide you, solmu, with a link. but in the meantime, any helpful (ie, non sarcastic) info you could provide would be helpful.

geez, that's the last time i provide an example of anything in a post without adding a footnote.

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
Fair point and well made; I apologise.

What I wished to point out is that you probably shouldn't be printing that particular shirt, though I should have done so in a less sarcastic manner.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts