T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:Dso here we go,i'm new to this i 'm getting a harco 4 press,all i want to do for now is make my own shirts.so i need to know what works best.i will have my screens made until i learn how.i read the water base is ez clean up??what about this air dry ink???????? any and all help....thanks oh i'm in upstate ny "buff-roch":D

· Registered
44 Posts
Water based inks are a good soft hand ink. depending on what colors your looking to print onto whould probably be a big factor in what type of ink you should use.. If your going to be printing on dark clothing your going to want to probably go with a plastisol ink. light you can go with water based.
Also with water based, it dries very fast in the screen so you must be careful in flooding the screen after you make a pass.
I hope this helps a little

· Registered
17 Posts
It really depends on how thick and bold you want your ink to be on the shirt. plastisol ink, unlike discharge and waterbased ink, does not dye the garment, it simply wraps itself around the fibers. therefore you have to decide on the type of print you want to produce. if you want a very light soft print i would go with a 230 mesh sceen. it wont allow too much ink through even if you put too much pressure on the squeegee. you can also buy additives that soften up plastisol ink. if you want a more bold print that is completely opague i would use a 110 mesh screen. that will allow alot of ink to go through the screen with each pass.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.