T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello TSF, this is Dan from Trenzza. We have another division of our company called Creativo Surface Design, which is a studio that deals mainly with big box retailers and specialty stores. We just did a soft launch of our new website, found here: http://www.thinkcreativo.com

Just wondering what everyone thinks. Thanks!!

· Registered
285 Posts
Hello TSF, this is Dan from Trenzza. We have another division of our company called Creativo Surface Design, which is a studio that deals mainly with big box retailers and specialty stores. We just did a soft launch of our new website, found here: http://www.thinkcreativo.com

Just wondering what everyone thinks. Thanks!!

The site looks nice and clean. I might shift the page up about 50 pixels, but that's about it. Seems like a little too much blank space above your header - but that is just nit picky, I know.

Question though...maybe I am just missing it. What is the appeal of linkedin? I see that a lot of sites are adding this link. What is the benefit? What do you gain as the business? What would I gain as a customer? I've used linkedin in the past, but it was to stay in contact with friends/etc that I knew in the professional world in case you need to network. NOT saying its a bad idea on your site...I'm saying that I don't get it. Please educate... thx!

· Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The site looks nice and clean. I might shift the page up about 50 pixels, but that's about it. Seems like a little too much blank space above your header - but that is just nit picky, I know.

Question though...maybe I am just missing it. What is the appeal of linkedin? I see that a lot of sites are adding this link. What is the benefit? What do you gain as the business? What would I gain as a customer? I've used linkedin in the past, but it was to stay in contact with friends/etc that I knew in the professional world in case you need to network. NOT saying its a bad idea on your site...I'm saying that I don't get it. Please educate... thx!
I feel you, good observation. As for LinkedIn, it's quite simple. My industry is very connected and very small. There maybe only 50 - 60 studios in the country that offer what we offer. Having said that, there are thousands of retailers that we can potential sell to. There is also a lot of turnover in this industry. So it's impt to keep in touch with everyone from a design director to a textile design to a Buyer. You never know where they will be working next and I want them to know how to find us and LinkedIn is a great medium to be searched for and to search. We also use LinkedIn to scout for new talent. Currently we rep 10 artists from around the world, 3 of whom we met through LinkedIn.

· Registered
65 Posts
On collections.html, the left-right arrows at the bottom of the image are clear and easy to use. But the "up" arrow which collapses the sidebar is confusing. What is the intent here? With the sidebar open, I can click other images to view them. When I close the sidebar, the image changes to a default / different image. When the sidebar collapses I feel like the main image should not change. And it seems like collapsing the sidebar should free up some space (otherwise what's the point?)

· Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
On collections.html, the left-right arrows at the bottom of the image are clear and easy to use. But the "up" arrow which collapses the sidebar is confusing. What is the intent here? With the sidebar open, I can click other images to view them. When I close the sidebar, the image changes to a default / different image. When the sidebar collapses I feel like the main image should not change. And it seems like collapsing the sidebar should free up some space (otherwise what's the point?)
Hi proto, the bottom blue buttons are the collections. The big image, is one image in a particular collection and the thumbnails on the right are the different images in that particular collection. The idea with the up down arrow is not to collapse the bar, but to go to the next page of thumbnails. You can see this if you click the right arrow to cycle through prints, when it goes to the 5th thumbnail, the page changes to the 2nd page. If there were more thumbnails, it would illustrate this better. We're still populating the collections.

· Registered
65 Posts
Hi proto, the bottom blue buttons are the collections. The big image, is one image in a particular collection and the thumbnails on the right are the different images in that particular collection. The idea with the up down arrow is not to collapse the bar, but to go to the next page of thumbnails. You can see this if you click the right arrow to cycle through prints, when it goes to the 5th thumbnail, the page changes to the 2nd page. If there were more thumbnails, it would illustrate this better. We're still populating the collections.
Ah, I get it now. So it's not broken :) But I don't think the navigation is intuitive. Maybe it's the way arrow moves up when there are fewer images on the page. Maybe it's the fact that the up arrow moves me "down" to page 2. Would sideways arrows be better, with the left arrow grey when you are on page 1 and the right arrow grey when you are on the last page?

I like the site overall, btw :)

· Registered
69 Posts
I believe it is a gif that belongs to the jQuery slideshow gallery (jQuery.galleriffic.js), on of those animated that shows the picture is loading. To see the error look inside the index.html, look for the following:

Code:
<div class="slideshow-container">
<div id="loading" class="loader" style="display: none; "></div>
The class loader is defined inside gallerific.css line 47 to contain the loader.gif in the css directory. However the gif is missing.

Your favicon.ico is also missing.

not a big deal though ... look back in the plugin folder, you probably forgot to upload the file.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.