T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone.... I would love to hear from other members what you think of my website and any suggestions to make it better. I opened up for business about a month ago, and I have had pretty good traffic, but could always use more. Got any thoughts or ideas on improving it...please let me know.

Thanks,
SouthernChics

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Hey now. I'm from MS, too. =) I may have to order my sister one of these because she would love it.

Your shirts are cute. You should really showcase some designs/photos on the home page. Is it possible to move the 'reviews' section over to the sidebar? Also the background pattern is a little distracting (in my opinion). If it were more subtle I think it would be easier on the eyes.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
I fully agree that you should feature some designs on the front page, it felt like I had entered your site and had missed your home page. I think your designs are great and I loved your opening intro made me feel like you appreciated my visit, and were welcoming me ,nice southern hospitality. I also think some pics of people wearing your shirts would help sell the product. Thanks for the offer on the sweet tea If I am ever in your area sounds great (lol), I love the personal touch.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for the input...and yes I do agree that I need to put some pics on front page...working on that now. In the South, company is always welcome and the sweet tea is waiting! Again, thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would love for your sister to have one of our Southern Chics t-shirts. I will consider your suggestions and try them out and see how it turns out. Thank you for the advice, it is always welcome.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Really love the designs, but do have to agree with the other threads, with just some minor tweaks to the site, especially if you included pictures with people sporting your t-shirts, I'd think you'd have a hit. Good luck with your venture!

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Hi. I am from Europe, so know absolutely nothing about Southern culture, but that is a very striking site you have there.

It makes a refreshing change to see designs, that haven't been created in two minutes. You have a lot if intricacy in your work, but it is neither staid, or boring.

Good luck with it all.

·
Registered
369 Posts
cute designs, the home page does need to point out more of the obvious fact that you are on a tshirt site.. And the colors/background are very loud, and make it hard to focus on the rest of your site.. but I'll focus better with some sweet tea! lol

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you, I appreciate your response. Maybe, some day you can visit the South and enjoy a little bit of Southern hospitality.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Your designs are great. One thing I noticed is there didn't seem to be anywhere that said on what sort of shirts the designs were placed. Are they 100% cotton, a cotton poly blend, or what? If people are buying from the site, they're going to want to know that. It is possible I missed that information, but I didn't see it on the designs I viewed.

Also, your site loaded quite slow for me. I'm not sure if anyone else experienced that, but the delay was long enough that I probably would have gone elsewhere were I a casual buyer. My Internet service is very fast, so if I'm experiencing a delay I imagine others may be as well.

I would also agree with those who said your homepage needs some jazzing up. You do have a nice folksy style on your about us page and in the first paragraph on your home page, but the design doesn't reflect that. I'd think about redoing the home page and making it less stark and a little more friendly. Lighter colors and pictures would help in that regard.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Great stuff! I'd incorporate your logo (that repeats in the background) into a bar across the top (or at least show it only once). The repetitive pattern takes away from your great stuff. I found it hard to concentrate. Or another option is to desaturate your logo pattern so that it doesn't compete with your designs. You have some wonderful designs! :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for the reply and I think I am going to have to do something, because that has been suggested by several people. I hope you can check back with us sometime.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I like your designs a lot.

Is there a reason why you don't show the whole shirt and just the graphics?

I think the title at the top "SouthernChicsOnline" has font which is kind of plain....but it might work since you're going for that down-to-earth kind of vibe.

Overall I'd say it's a pretty good site.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I just got through adding some of our most popular/newest designs to the front page...so check it out. I am trying to take all suggestions and work with the ones I think will improve the website the most. thanks for the input.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts