T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been a member here for awhile now and mostly been lurking about because I've been working on my website and there is not much to offer....but the site is nearly ready!! Here it is for now:

www.ssdesigner.com/wip

it's a WIP because, well....it's still "work in progress" :p

It will, on the 22nd of this month (Nov) officially launch under www.ssdesigner.com

Please come check it out, join the message board, say hello (buy shirts)....let me know what you think of it!! Thanks in advance!

-Ss

·
Registered
140 Posts
1. Contact information.....? An address, a phone number, something. Perhaps you could include that on the 'Contact Us' page instead of what you have now.
2.The pages are unusually long and filled with white space. Tidy that up.
3.The site was kinda slow to load and i'm using cable.
4.Instead of soliciting emails, your 'Design/Services' should actually state your services ie. logo design, embroidery or whatever you do. I'm still confused about it. Put sample work as well.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Sarafina! I appreciate the comments, let me see if I can address some of them....I have a few ?'s as well :)

1. Contact information.....? An address, a phone number, something. Perhaps you could include that on the 'Contact Us' page instead of what you have now.
I agree, consider it a done deal, I'll be adding that very soon :)

2.The pages are unusually long and filled with white space. Tidy that up.
Hmmm, shouldn't be....what browser are you using? Which areas exactly are you speaking of?

3.The site was kinda slow to load and i'm using cable.
Again, that's odd....I'm using cable at home and a medium speed internal connection at work and the page loads pretty fast :(

4.Instead of soliciting emails, your 'Design/Services' should actually state your services ie. logo design, embroidery or whatever you do. I'm still confused about it. Put sample work as well.
I think I see the confusion....the site here:

www.ssdesigner.com

is not the site that I'm launching, it's simply a temp page. The site I'm launching will be under that URL, but it's currently being finished up here:

www.ssdesigner.com/wip

Ignore the first black/white site with the scrolling text, that will be wiped out when the other launches.

-Ss

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Looks great to me. I like what you did with the " Vote for Pedro " the text not being perfect, good idea.

Thanks! As with any shirt I replicate from a show or film, I insist that every little detail be included. The crooked letters were donr on purpose by the props/wardrobe dept, i'm certain of it. It makes the shirt look more "homemade", which is what supposedly happened. Napoleon made the shirt as a one-off with iron on letters so it SHOULD be all crooked :)

Good job. Alot of times people dream about doing this but can't seam to get out of the closet and do it.

I'll plug it around here.
I appreciate that! It's been a goal of mine for years so it's nice to FINALLY see it come to be. I appreciate all the publicity I can get, now this site has just got to pay for itself! :p ;)

-Ss

·
Banned
54 Posts
hey ssdesigner,

noticed most of your site pages are all indexed in Google ( G=73% of all searches now ). This is a good asset when going live with your new site. Most new sites are G-sandboxed for a long time. Perhaps take advantage of your G-Indexed Asset to expose your stuff. There after top-ranks/more-visitors/more-sales revenue.

cheers

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think, at least I hope, you meant "homemade". Unless of course you have ho's running around making shirts.(lol)
Whoops! *blush*

Fixed THAT right quick!....don't want anyone getting the wrong idea about us right off the bat, LOL ;)

noticed most of your site pages are all indexed in Google ( G=73% of all searches now ). This is a good asset when going live with your new site. Most new sites are G-sandboxed for a long time. Perhaps take advantage of your G-Indexed Asset to expose your stuff. There after top-ranks/more-visitors/more-sales revenue
Can someone explain this to me a bit? I'm not sure at all what that means....I mean, I know it's good to be at the top of the searches in Google etc, but how did I get there? Is there something I can do to STAY in the top 5 searches?

-Ss

·
Registered
140 Posts
ssdesigner, SEO (Search engine optimization) is a beast and a half. The synopsis is as follow.

1. 90%+ of the searches are done by the top four search engines. Google, Yahoo, MSN and maybe Overture?
2. Your goal is to get listed as high as possible in all those. Yes, your rankings can change suddenly, for unknown reasons too.
3. They each have differing requirements for what gets you to the top but having alot of relevant sites linking to yours and good frequently updated content is a start.
4. Don't use bulk search engine submissions.

There's alot more and I encourage you to read up as much as possible about it as it's key component to your success on the net. Goodluck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts