T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to the kind advice of some of the folks here, I have redone my to include SSI's and hopefully get it indexed more in the search engines. Please let me know if you find any dead links or funny stuff going on.
:)

~B

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Typo on the about page, at the bottom.

The opposities attract (as mentioned) isn't working because its an .htm file instead of a .shtml file.

I don't really like the way the FAQ is set up; having to click through to each question is kind of a chore.

If your internaitonal orders only vary between $10-10.50, why not just cut it at a flat $10 or something? You're charging an extra $1 for the priority, dunno the actual cost on international... just seems like it's sill at that point to worry about the 5o cents, to me.

"Cookies do not provide us with any personal information or used to deliver harmful viruses to your computer." On the privacy policy, grammatically incorrect. Also sounds kind of weird besides that ;) Also, I find it kind of odd that the privacy policy pops-up (and Firefox wasn't too keen on that, either) instead of displaying on the page like everything else. I assume it was due to its length, but there is probably a better way to do it.

No links to your sister's site anymore?

Finally, I think the text for the categories is a little TOO scripty. If you could tone it down just a bit I think it'd keep its effect but increase readability.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Twinge said:
If your internaitonal orders only vary between $10-10.50, why not just cut it at a flat $10 or something? You're charging an extra $1 for the priority, dunno the actual cost on international... just seems like it's sill at that point to worry about the 5o cents, to me.
I tried trying to find a way around that but the international shipping is set up through the shoppig cart automatically and in playing around with it I found that in some places it's 10.50 and some places it's 10. I tried setting it up manually but I can't get it to NOT include domestic AND international without coming up with some funky number that doesn't even make sense. So I kept automatic international and manual domestic. It's retarded.

"Cookies do not provide us with any personal information or used to deliver harmful viruses to your computer." On the privacy policy, grammatically incorrect. Also sounds kind of weird besides that ;) Also, I find it kind of odd that the privacy policy pops-up (and Firefox wasn't too keen on that, either) instead of displaying on the page like everything else. I assume it was due to its length, but there is probably a better way to do it.
Exactly the reason! Any suggestions? :)

No links to your sister's site anymore?
On the 'links' and 'contributors' link on the homepage.

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
FatHamsterGirl said:
On the 'links' and 'contributors' link on the homepage.
Since those links are different to the rest, they're quite hard to notice. If you want people to use them it would be worth considering making them a little more prominent.

The contributors link doesn't currently work (it points to .html instead of .shtml).

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Solmu said:
Since those links are different to the rest, they're quite hard to notice. If you want people to use them it would be worth considering making them a little more prominent.

The contributors link doesn't currently work (it points to .html instead of .shtml).
Thank you, I'll have to fix that.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Oh, hidden on the front page... yeah, you'll want to try and shove one of those (probably links?) into the main navigation if possible.

Gotcha on the stupid shopping cart. I don't know if it'd be better to say 'about $10' or '$10-11' or something, just because the 50 cents seems kind of weird to me. A minor issue, though.

You might try just extending everything down when needed (for an easier to navigate FAQ and the Privacy Policy, perhaps some other places...). You could either push the featured tees downto the bottom of whatever extended text there is, move them to the top, tile them on the left sidebar when there is extended text... something. Quite a few different ways to go about it (as there always are), but something along those lines would probably work.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Congratulations on the pretty nice web site...like the layout...like the t- shirt designs...nice models. Only criticsm the models on in the Hamster line look more seductive than cute.

Spreading Love

1 - 11 of 11 Posts