T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,
I am new to online tshirt selling business, I am wondering, where can I get new t-shirt designs to post on my website. Please give me any link where I can buy these designs.
Thanks.
Kuldeep

· Banned
195 Posts
Hello,

There are very few sources to purchase t-shirt designs. but why don't you offer designer to submit design on your website and if design will be selected by purchaser, pay some commission to him.

Another option is, higher a t-shirt designer from 99designs.com. There is a special t-shirt design category on it.

One another option is, you can also offer a t-shirt personalization option by using online design tool.

Thanks

· Registered
622 Posts
You probably didn't get many responses as this is something even the pro's deal with frustratingly. Where to get designs. It is a motivation to gain the graphic skills yourself when it is as difficult as it is to find artists that "fit."

There are canned packages of clip art many pull from. Groups like Advanced Artists and others provide packages that jump start some designs. There are many freelance sites out there. A web search on freelance graphic designer will get you a flood of hits, with Fivver being loved and hated alternatively. The best designers plainly cost more money. They can be hard to justify the costs unless your making hundreds of shirts off a design.

Basically you beat the weeds and bushes looking for some one that matches your tastes, workflow and budget, or learn the skills yourself.

· Registered
4,694 Posts
As said above.

A small part of my previous career involved doing some work with CorelDraw and PhotoShop, and I also messed about a bit on my own--so count that as several decades of light messing about with graphics software. I've since upped my skills quite a bit, but only because I pushed and tried to do things I didn't yet know how to do, but learned in the process of doing.

The internet is a great tool. When I'm playing around with a design idea, I Google and look for inspiration in terms of composition and drawing style etc. However, too often I find something and think: "This is freaking PERFECT for my design!" ... or near enough anyway, that I am tempted to directly incorporate it into my design rather than merely find inspiration in it. My point being, the WWW leads to laziness.

Yes, sure, I have paid for rights to some photos that I have used in my designs, but I try to avoid that with clip art type stuff, and create that myself.

One way to get better with a design tool is to down load a graphic that you like and put it on one layer, then recreate the graphic on the layer above from scratch. An exercise like this is a great way to push past your current skills and learn new techniques. In any case, realistically you'll need some graphics skills to make use of any graphics you did buy, so best to start working on it.

Beyond the art, there is the subject matter. What niche will you be targeting with your designs? You can't be everything to everybody. Pick niches that you know and understand so you can create designs that connect with your target, all the better if it is an underserved niche beneath the notice of the big players.

· Registered
10 Posts
NoXid is right. The the internet is one that encourages copying. However now a days I can come up with a design based off the subject. My early days was me completely ripping somebody off.
@NoXid if you are still struggling for style, which I think you're beyond that, you might want to spend some time in the malls. Or at least let me say, you should go where your audience hangs out and look at their art. So for me, my niche watches anime, hangs out at skate parks, might buy from urban outfitters, zumiez, etc. They'll look for music videos with a wide range of colors. This is where I live in.

I'm thinking designers are now leaving the wide range of art styles and are buckling down to 1, unless it's about brand messaging. But if you are going to work with a designer here is my advice...
1. Don't send him or her pictures of other people's work. Send them pictures of the environment in which your audience lives in.

2. Ask them about the process. How do they work from start to finish..

This will help you in the long run.

T shirt design tutorials every Tuesday at https://YouTube.com/robertloyale

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.